Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 4890Topic:: «More than 1 Remote Admin. Server icon in system tray, more than 1 Remote Admin. Server icon appears in system tray» on forum: Network management general discussion
Sometimes I observed more than 1 remote Admin. Server icon in system tray. What are the possiblilities of this? My PC has been remoted? The additional icons will be vanished once I mouse overed it/them.
The reason is, that the radmin server has crashed and started itself new ...
The reason is, that the radmin server has crashed and started itself new ...

Is this definitely the case?

I work for a large organisation and we use Radmin server verison 2.1 and 2.2 on all our machines, here on the helpdesk, we use a mixture of Radmin Viewer version 2.2, 3 beta and 3.

Recently, we have noticed more and more the precence of thse extra phantom Radmin icons in the system tray. Sometimes as many as 10-15.

It was my initial thought that the mirroring driver was getting itself in a tiz, the above explanation would seem plausible however, is this a known issue? Is there anythign we can do to remedy this? What is in fact causing the server to crash, lack of bandwidth? most of our PCs dial in to us, and we do notice the error whilst they are sending and receiving files from centre, when the performance of Radmin reduces significantly too, even with a low frame refresh and low colour depth - as you would expect over a 56kbps dial up connection.

We're currently investigating this as an issue here, any suport regarding its root cause would be greatly beneficial to us.

Many thanks

Craig smile:D
Pages: 1