Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1 2 Next
  Views: 9423Topic:: «Deployment Tool on separated subnets» on forum: Network management general discussion
Hi,
How can find PCs on 20 separeted subnet with Deployment Tool automatically?
I tried Scan Network but I think it works only same subnet of the Deployment Server. If I add single computer manual in Favorites, it's working good, I can install Radmin Server 3.4, etc.. But I like to see all new computers that is joined to AD.

Tamas
Hello,

Can you see these computers via "Entire network"?
I am having the same issue. I can't see all of my pc's on different subnets.
The same question: Can you see these computers via "Entire network"?
I can't see all PC's via the "Entire Network", only those on my subnet.
Edited: Brock Goines 06/21/2011 06:39:03
typo
If you are not allowed to see them via entire network, RDT won't see them too.
I am allowed as I am the Network Administrator and logged in as an Administrator.
What he means is the computer can't see them. If the machine you are putting the RDT on can't see the computers, then neither can the program. The program can only see what the computer can see. If the subnets are preventing you from seeing the rest of the network, then you need to put distribution server on each subnet, or set up your subnets to communicate with eachother in some way.
That does not seem like a correct assumption. The PC can see them when using explorer or when browsing the network. So why cant RDT see them?
Brock Goines wrote:

Brock Goines wrote:
That does not seem like a correct assumption. The PC can see them when using explorer or when browsing the network. So why cant RDT see them?

What? You just contradicted yourself. However, if you are unable to see anything but your subnet with the "Entire Network", then that is what the distribution tool will be able to see. Period.
John Rose wrote:

Brock Goines wrote:

Brock Goines wrote:
That does not seem like a correct assumption. The PC can see them when using explorer or when browsing the network . So why cant RDT see them?

What? You just contradicted yourself. However, if you are unable to see anything but your subnet with the "Entire Network", then that is what the distribution tool will be able to see. Period.

Let me clarify to hopefully make things a bit more clear. The RDT does not see all PC's/ entire WAN. Other applications/browsers are able to see the entire WAN. PERIOD.
You said you were unable to see the other computer on different subnets via "Entire Network". Right?
Correct. Via Entire Network in RDT.
What OS is the RDT installed on?
It is installed on Win7 Pro 32bit.
I just restarted computer browsing service on one of my servers. RDT now lists all PCS on all subnets. smile;)

Thanks for all of your help gentlemen.

Brock
Ah, excellent, that was where i was going, if you had it on a Win7 or Win 2008 box, sometimes the services can get hosed and restarting them helps. I was going to suggest either Computer Browser, Workstation, or Server, as they are usually one of the culprits in my experience. Glad you got it working.
Nice job guys smile:)
Thanks Eugene. smile:D
I have another post that I need a bit of help on. Please check and see if this is something that I'm making a bonehead error. smile:cry:

http://www.radmin.com/support/forum/index.php?PAGE_NAME=read&FID=19&TID=15195

Brock
Issue similar to above--Am testing Radmin 3.4 configurations for limited Enterprise deployment. Large WAN, single Domain, approximately 125 subnets, mostly 24-bit mask. In this case, scan for active machines discovers nothing outside my own subnet and, in addition, will not connect to any known-running device either by explicit machine name or explicit IP. Unlike the above, I can see all 5,000+ networked devices at Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>(Domain Name).
First of all - please verify that these PCs meet RDT requirments (which could be found in help file).
Second - check that you can telnet these PCs to Radmin port.
Pages: 1 2 Next