Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 16373Topic:: «RA Admin questions and alternatives, RA Admin questions and alternatives» on forum: Network management general discussion
Almost all of the features of RAdmin seem to be identical to UltraVNC including a video hook. I am curious if they are taking the open source code and using it for profit?

Can anyone explain the difference between RAdmin and UltraVNC?

I haven't been able to find much info on the remote printing feature, it just says you can use the printer sharing feature of 'windows networking'. What does that mean? Does RAdmin establish its own tunnel to the remote machine and redirect all local 'windows networking' functions to the remote machine? The reason I ask, is that, in most cases, you wouldn't want to allow any kind of windows networking protocols (I am not talking about essentials such as tcp/ip) to be allowed to cross a public network, unless it was being encrypted in a tunnel. That wouldn't be very security conscious.

Anyone?
Almost all of the features of RAdmin seem to be identical to UltraVNC including a video hook. I am curious if they are taking the open source code and using it for profit?

No, Radmin is 100% original project.

Can anyone explain the difference between RAdmin and UltraVNC?

Radmin is much faster than VNC. Radmin offers stronger security and user-friendly interface which is easy to learn and use.

Also, Famatech offers unlimited technical support for Radmin users, while VNC is open source project with no dedicated user support.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
I've used both VNC and RAdmin and RAdmin is extremely fast. I've setup RAdmin for many of my clients and even with a dialup to their remote box, they can make productive use of their machine.
Pages: 1