Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 8297Topic:: «Zone alarm problem, Can't change zone alarm remotely» on forum: Network management general discussion
Hi,
I use remote admin to maintain office computers remotely. I have no promblems connecting to computers with zone alarm.
My problem is that I can not change zone alarm settings remotely. I can do anything BUT change zone alarm settings on the remote computer. For example, I went to update spybot on the remote computer, but zone alarm was blocking the update. When I attempted to give permision to permit spybot's update, the zone alarm window was simply inactive. I can kill zone alarm in the task manager, but not all processes. I can even uninstall zone alarm remotely, which I did in a pinch, but I can not make simple changes in zones or program permissions. I'm sure this is some added security on the part of zone alarm, but is there a work-around?
thx
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem: i use remotly anywhere and since i made the zone alarme's last update , i can't change zone alarm settings when i remote my computer...
Can you help us please ?
Thx
hello, does anybody have an answer. I still am having the same problem with zone alarm. The obvious answer is not to use zone alarm, but I have to deal with clients who have already purchased the product or are loyal zone alarm fans.
Any help will be appreciate. smile:(
Hello Again,
I have answered my own question, but if others are interested.

To enable the mouse and keyboard on zone alarm free. Open Zone alarm free-go to "Overview">preferences Tab>and uncheck "protect the zone alarm client". This will allow you to remotely use the mouse and keyboard to change zone alarm settings.

[img]http://www.dslreports.com/speak/slideshow/9639530?c=551454&ret=L2ZvcnVtL3JlbWFyayw5NjM4NzY3fm1vZGU9ZmxhdA%3D%3D[/img] [URL=http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,9638767~mode=flat]DSL Reports[/URL] smile:idea:
Pages: 1