Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 7697Topic:: «Removing the blue R by the clock, RADMIN V2.1» on forum: Network management general discussion
I have RADMIN V2.1

I love the program, so much that I do not want to switch. I manage a network of about 35 computers, but the problem is that, when I connect the R turns red. Is there anyway to remove the R from the tray, or stop it from changing?

I really need this to happen, or my boss is sending me looking for a different program.

Thanks in advanced!

p.s. All windows 2000 machine, Active Directory off!
Chad,
So you and your boss don't want your end-users to see when you are logged in ehhh? ;->

Simple way to do it is remove the "system notifcation area"
you have to access GP
and remove it from there. !this will also remove the clock! but this way the <R> will be gone and will no longer be seen be user.
What is the GP?
Removing the clock\system notification area is an extreme and unnecessary option.

To remove the system tray icon click start run and type:

r_server /setup

Click "Options"

Select "Hide tray icon"

That's all there is to it.
Indeed.
If this is done on the administrator account on the local machine is that option then global for that machine so if one of my users logs in that option will be disabled for them also?
oo so u are the boss cool.
i am glad that you are using the software Radmin on a larg scale. But i have that you have the regestered copy for each system.
And about u problem . just do one thing when u installed the software when the installation will get over u will get small window and in which there will be a admin setup option there u can set the R admin icon hidden in the task bar.
Enjoy and have fun with the software.

If this is done on the administrator account on the local machine is that option then global for that machine so if one of my users logs in that option will be disabled for them also?

Sure.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Pages: 1