Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 8763Topic:: «help me plz, connection I/O error, connection may be closed due to IP Filter settin» on forum: Network management general discussion
what is this plz help me i can't access to my offise server is there any setting ?

connection I/O error, connection may be closed due to IP Filter setting on the remote side
I need to know the exact smae thing. I get this when I am trying to connect to several XP pro boxes inside a remote network. I have disbaled the firewalls on all those xp machines and have properly forwarded to correct ports for each box through the router. I do not understand why i CANT connect to the xp machines yet I CAN connect to the 2k macheins.
I get the same thing you do :::
connection I/O error, connection may be closed due to IP Filter setting on the remote side

Please some one chime in.
There are few things that can be causing this.

One is that you have request connection is set to automatically deny or user is denying connection.

You have IP filtering in place.

You are connecting to the wrong port with the viewer.

You didn't setup a password fro Radmin during setup or manually afterwards. This is required if you are not using NT auth.

There are other options for this but these are at the top of the list.
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...
maybe your trial license has expired?
I think Ed L. is right. We get this problem if we don't put in a password AND we dont use NT Auth.

You MUST do one or the other (with version 2.2). If you use version 2.1, it doesnt care.
Pages: 1