Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 11095Topic:: «Seen as Virus by Symantec Antivirus 10» on forum: Network management general discussion
I have added Remote Administrator to the exceptions list, but it still keep showing up as a threat.
Symantec added the following articles to their knowledge base:

Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.x detects Remote Administrator (Radmin) as an expanded threat (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/c9b1ac1936fbf63488256e77006521df/0432a26c674d976588256ecf005cd04c?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam)

Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.0 quarantines or deletes Remote Administrator (Radmin) (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/14ad416970eb952688256fc700654269/780ba389565e537b88256fff007c867c?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam)

Please refer to these articles. Also, please install the latest updates for your Symantec products.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
None of these options posted by Symantec work. I'm really ticked off about it!

I have excluded the c:\program files\radmin folder form server & client auto protect, and scheduled scans. I did the same for actions of each of the above.
Set to leave alone and log only.

I have spent hours of time on this problem and have all updates installed, I have tracked the log files to determine the scanning element causing the problem.

Every time a definition download takes place Radmin is completely removed.

I have reinstalled Radmin at least 20 times as I have tried to stop this from happening.

The programmers at Symantec stink! How do they write a program that has to have multiple exclusions? There should be one exclusion database that all portions of the program use so that you don't have to ***** your time setting the same exclusions over and over and over again.

Symantec has gone overboard on this one and has become the VIRUS!

Since they have caused the problem to this great administrative tool they should have a patch that removes it completely from the threat list.

I also feel that if Radmin is on the threat list then so should PC Anywhere!

Is this just a way for them to gain some kind of unfair competitive advantage? After all Radmin is better lighter and cheaper then PC Anywhere. Could this be an attack at the competition?
There are 7 files that NAV finds. You need to make an exception for all 7 files.
actually, only 2 files need to be excluded in 2 locations in xp for rserver to work using nav9 and nav10.

for the server, exclude these files:
c:\program files\radmin\r_server.exe
c:\program files\radmin\raddrv.dll
c:\windows\system32\r_server.exe
c:\windows\system32\raddrv.dll

for the viewer, exclude this file:
c:\program files\radmin\radmin.exe

in nav, navigate to symantec antivirus\configure\file system auto-protect and click on exclusions.
then navigate to symantec antivirus\scheduled scans\scan and do the same thing.

mark
Pages: 1