Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 3547Topic:: «Version 3 Viewer suggestions & error report» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Unless this is already supported, can you send the password onto a command line, when using the command line switches to connect to a server?

I have 10 machines I have to manually connect to, one at a time, and it would be nice to run a batch/command file to automatically reconnect to all of the remote servers without having to enter the password for every connection.

What would be really nice is if it could remember how the windows were also placed (i.e. tiled veritically).

Also, Is there any kind of debug mode. I was monitoring 10 machines for a while and all of the sudden the view shut down without any warning.

John

it would be nice to run a batch/command file to automatically reconnect to all of the remote servers without having to enter the password for every connection.

Radmin Viewer does not remember Server passwords and will not remember them in future releases.

Please read the following forum topic for more info: http://www.radmin.com/support/forum/read.php?FID=19&TID=6377

If Radmin would have option to remember passwords, some of your employee would be able to turn this option on and as a result:

a) anyone who'll access this employee's computer will be able to access all the remote computers where Radmin Server is running, and all the confidential information stored there.

b) A hacker would be able to steal the encrypted passwords, decrypt them and use to hack into your servers. As passwords would be stolen from Radmin data, users would blame Famatech for releasing insecure application. Now Radmin is known as most secure remote control tools available, and it is one of the reasons why it is used by US Army, US Government and many major corporations (IBM, Sony, Nokia, Bank of New York and AT&T to name a few).

So even the optional possibility of remembering passwords would be a great security hole.

However, you can create VB Script which would run Radmin, wait until connection is established and then enter your password:

set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run "radmin.exe /connect:10.0.0.1 /locolor /updates:10 /fullscreen"
WScript.Sleep 4000
WshShell.AppActivate "Enter password for 10.0.0.1"
WScript.Sleep 500
WshShell.SendKeys "yourpassword"
WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"

Create a text file called 10.0.0.1.VBS and copy and paste the code into it and edit it. Then double click the file.

It would be insecure (since anyone who'll be able to access client computer and success finding VBS file on your harddrive could know the password) and you should use this method at your own risk. But since this VB Script will be written by you, Famatech wouldn't take responsibility for possible hacks.

You can see example at Radmin forum:
http://www.radmin.com/support/forum/read.php?FID=12&TID=176&ID=3118

What would be really nice is if it could remember how the windows were also placed (i.e. tiled veritically).

Radmin Viewer 3.0 beta will have such feature:
Save column sizes and window position of main window.

Also, Is there any kind of debug mode. I was monitoring 10 machines for a while and all of the sudden the view shut down without any warning.

The feature you mentioned is already in our Wishes list.
We've included this suggestion into our Wishes list.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Pages: 1