Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 Next
  Views: 188841Topic: closed: «Radmin 3.0 Server Release Date» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Roman,

I would suggest to your developers that they consider if they are unable to keep the time line currently stated, they should release a NTP time check version of say 15 or 30 days so we can see it, play with it, even though it may be Alpha code, that way Famatech would keep its users contained (Happy to see the near end product, EVEN IF IT IS NOT FINISHED), then release the BETA, then final GA version.

Would provide relief to both side of the fence!

What do you think?

smile:!:
Roman Makarov wrote:
I will do my work.
I wish i could say:"Now you can try Radmin V3", but i can't. I promise you beta version available to the end of April, i hope, there won't be any delays. I'm not interested in telling lies to our clients; our developers faced some troubles (i'm talking about March 2006 release delay) so beta will be released later. (in April 2006)

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.

I would rater wait another month to see a perfect release, than a unsecure bugged one.

Famatech, keep up the good work.
I would rater wait another month to see a perfect release, than a unsecure bugged one

Well, everyone else here prefers to see the beta, even if it's buggy and incomplete. That is the entire point behind a beta; to get your hands on what the product *should* be and begin testing it out and bring to light those problems that only beta testers can figure-out.

If you want to have a nice stable "Final Release", then you need to ask Famatech to release the Beta asap, so that external users can begin testing it out. The sooner the Beta is stablized, the sooner you'll get your Final Release version that is (hopefully) bug-free.
David Matson
Consultant, Freelance Writer, Product Reviewer
Moderator at MobilitySite, GPS Tuner
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices - Testing
David Matson
Well, everyone else here prefers to see the beta, even if it's buggy and incomplete. That is the entire point behind a beta; to get your hands on what the product *should* be and begin testing it out and bring to light those problems that only beta testers can figure-out.

Gawd knows I'd love to test it. I works with gawd only knows how many diffirent enviroments and use radmin in various diffirent ways. And I am sure that there are many other users on here that feel the same ways. If you want to get the real errors give it to some real everyday users. I know personally I use radmin for almost 5-8 hours a day at work. So people like me know the ins and outs of the application.

(altho I am still too lazy to make an msi installer if any one wants to make one for me)
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...
Pål Wedemeyer wrote:
I would rater wait another month to see a perfect release, than a unsecure bugged one.

Famatech, keep up the good work.

A perfect release is great but so far the perfect release is still a myth. Show me radmin v3 ewven if it's just a asf/wmv video of a guy doing a preview. You have a version working because you previewed it at CeBIT 2006. So to release a beta or a video of the beta shouldn't be too hard smile:)
--------------
Yes that's wonderful. I agree I ALSO would rather wait to see an even half-decent release. Yep. No problem with that here.... EXCEPT thats what one would say the first 8 or 12, or 16, or MAYBE even 26 MONTHS!!

It's been double that. I could care less as everyone here managed to get a glimpse of what my position is on this subject before my posts were, of course, deleted for their disgruntled x-customer content.

That's an interesting point, they needed RCS to sell before they released Radmin which would have pretty much EXACTLY the same features other then 1 or 2 obvious ones that they have to leave out to make them "separate" products. naturally they are part of the same code-base which no one has a problem with. But jeez louise just tell us that.

eEye digital security which has contracts with the National Security Agency hardcore and whos employees literally mingle with NSA employed agents at parties REVEAL more about whats going on with their software then Famatech!

smile:D smile:D
We will all wait
Radmin is the best :)
well I do my best to provide as is support. The Current version is great .... But old if they don't release something soon they will get killed by vista when it comes out, That's just how it is. They just got lucky M$ pushed back Vista a month. (so 2007)

Those that fall behind get left behind. If Famatech don't get in gear with radmin 3 soon they will get left behind as people move to apps that work on vista. Sad but true. I know I'd hate to see a good product die cuz development took to long and waited till after microsoft releases a product that makes radmin out of date.

Microsoft has given you a dead line of Nov 2006 For SA Users. I hope a released "final" version is out by then or you will loose large corprate clients.
--------------
I already know someone else that has a video hook driver version working (I have a GA release working copy and it rocks), and what is funny is it's a developer that lives in the same country as Radmin... I wonder if they have any common ties?

Roman, any update on a time limited release or are things looking like they are still on time for the GA release of end of April?

Phil smile8)
are things looking like they are still on time

Yes.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
So are we likely to see a beta release by the end of this week or sometime next week?
So are we likely to see a beta release by the end of this week or sometime next week?

Near the end of April.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
That's next week then, a yes would have done.
Next week it is then!
next week cheers......
If next week, it will be the last week of april, the beta version of Radmin 3.0 is not release. I will propose a new topic in this forum. "Radmin server 3.0 - Urban Legend?" What do u think about that guys?

A little humor never hurt anybody to dedramatized in that case. smile:)
If next week, it will be the last week of april, the beta version of Radmin 3.0 is not release. I will propose a new topic in this forum. "Radmin server 3.0 - Urban Legend?" What do u think about that guys?

Naw the topic should be Radmin 3.0 Vs. The Unicorn Fact Or Fiction

smile:D
--------------
Roman Makarov wrote:
Near the end of April.

Hmm "Near the end of April". May is near the end of April... 'near' is a subjective term... I wonder if Fametech is already settings themselves up for another delay.
Roman Makarov wrote:
Near the end of April.

So, will you actually deliver this time, or is this like when you promised full details a month ago?

And this time, instead of simply deleting uncomfortable questions, how about trying an honest answer?
Everyone in this forum is here for a reason. We all love Radmin. I have been using it for years too. The reason we all do, is because it IS so stable. There is a reason for this. These guys do not release buggy code. They seem to throughly test every thing over and over and over, etc.. I too am very eager to get my hands on the new 3.o. And, yes, the release date seems to go on and on and on. But, after reading all the posts in this thread, I think we can all agree that we are so eager is because we all love Radmin. Give these guys a break. Let them release another great product. They do have some big shoes to fill after the success of 2.xx
Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 Next