Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 Next
  Views: 191191Topic: closed: «Radmin 3.0 Server Release Date» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
RADMIN THe BEST FUNNY smile:{} Program
i LOVE this company smile:{} smile:{}
Joe Moore?
A valued customer’s opinion

Nobody would treat valued customers like Famatech treats you. So how comes you think you were one?

Rainer
Rainer A.
I am saying this for Joe Moore,
He is no longer a valued customer.
Check this out...it's an old article, probably written around the time V3 was first promised, but it's amazing:

http:// channels.lockergnome.com/windows/backissues/20021030.phtml

It's so funny how the article almost makes ya feel that the Famatech family is comprised of legitimate businessmen/businesswomen. But also check out the hyperlinks for the photos. I especially love the group photo of the "organization". The environment that they are in seems perfect for gathering together, enjoying the best of Russian cuisine, and rummaging through these here forums for a good laugh on our expense.
Hello,
Just an update on 3.0 beta - we have it under final testing. Actually everything works fine but the delay was related to the installation proscedure. In this version we use our new video hook driver. In order to install it you have to add it into the list of hardware devices (I mean our new video hook driver). So it slightly complicates the installation procedure. You'll see it really soon. Sorry again for keeping you waiting.

To Bigfoot - a lot things have changed since five years ago. Indeed, we've started from something like a garage. But anyway we'll send you some new pictures of our of our new office and the team. I can assure you it's totally different.

Best regards,
Dmitry
Dmitry,

Thank you for taking the time to post a message with more detail than I have seen in a long time. Please continue. smile:-)

For that I say thank you smile:!:
See that wasn\\\'t too hard either. smile;-)

Will you also please post info here when you have new pictures of office team celebrating release of Ver 3.

That would be good for everyone smile:!:
Greetings Mr Kurashev,

Is Dmitri Znosko, still working with Famatech?

Regards
That's good news! But we again see that it will be released "soon!" Can you give us a timeframe of what "soon" really is?!

I think we have been waiting since 2000 or 2001. Our reseller kept telling us that Radmin would be released "soon." Here we are in 2006....
Dmitry,

Thank you very much for the detailed update. It is greatly appreciated. I know we are all highly anticipating the release and hope that "soon" is right around the corner. Some new pictures of the current Famatech team will also be nice to see once V3 is released. Thanks again and hopefully this time is near where no one will need to post to this particular forum.

In this version we use our new video hook driver. In order to install it you have to add it into the list of hardware devices (I mean our new video hook driver). So it slightly complicates the installation procedure. You'll see it really soon.

That has to be the most informative update we've ever seen from Famatech. It still seems odd that, after 5 years of postponed release dates, the complexity of installation of the video hook driver is only now being addressed.

At least we've been upgraded to "really soon"!
smile:D
I worked for a software company which, I am guessing, had the same problem as Famatech. We had one brilliant guy who was the chief developer and chief visionary.

Because he was so brilliant and was a principal in the company, there was no real way to bring any discipline to the development process. For instance, if he wanted to totally rewrite some key piece, there was no one who could effetively challenge whether that was a good idea. He would work on what he wanted to work on and many times that didn't make good sense for the product as a whole.

Everyone might agree that "x" was the most important thing to be done next. He would say "that's easy, I'll have it done in a month." Meanwhile he would work on many other cool things and a year later somehow "x" is still unfinished!
By the way, for those of you who are wondering what all the fuss is, because perhaps you purchased RAdmin 6 months ago and it seems like a good product and you are looking forward to the 3.0 upgrade and why are all these people making a big fuss because the new beta is a few days late....

Image that you had purchased it four years ago. Now imagine that after about 6 months, you read on these forums that there was a new version coming out soon. Then Fametech posts in the forums a very specific list of all the new features that will be in the next version. They say "it will be released in 2-3 months". 3 months pass and they say, "it will be released in 2 months." When people ask questions like "what about multiple monitor support" or "remote screen blanking" Famatech posts that the feature is in the next version. After a while they stop saying "2-3 months" and start saying "it is on a floating timeframe." They also repeatedly take the high ground and say the first concern is quality and they will not release until it is thoroughly tested (implying that it is basically finished and just in a quality assurance phase).

Occassionally you get other tidbits, like a Beta Viewer (and assurance that the beta server is right behind). Or someone from Famatech posts that they are all very busy with testing and it will be ready "soon".

And then 2 MORE YEARS PASS and they are still making promises and still missing deadlines.

Now how would you feel?
They say "it will be released in 2-3 months". 3 months pass and they say, "it will be released in 2 months." When people ask questions like "what about multiple monitor support" or "remote screen blanking" Famatech posts that the feature is in the next version. After a while they stop saying "2-3 months" and start saying "it is on a floating timeframe." They also repeatedly take the high ground and say the first concern is quality and they will not release until it is thoroughly tested (implying that it is basically finished and just in a quality assurance phase).

Occassionally you get other tidbits, like a Beta Viewer (and assurance that the beta server is right behind). Or someone from Famatech posts that they are all very busy with testing and it will be ready "soon".

And then 2 MORE YEARS PASS and they are still making promises and still missing deadlines.

I'd say that sums it up very well. smile:(

As has been said before, it is a testament to the strength of RAdmin 2.2 that there are so many of us still using it, and still reading and/or posting to this forum, salivating over an upgrade that's 5 years overdue. That strength has to be fading, though.

smile:idea: On an unrelated thought, do you suppose the Famatech folks give out more information on the Russian language forums? Any bilingual readers who can check that out are asked to do so, and let us know.
Thanks!
Dmirty,

I am glad to see that you are atleaste saying whats going on. Hopefully even if you can't release a version right away you'll be able to post some screen shots of the new version along with the one you plan to post of your team and office.

Hopefully you will be able to post more information on the subject with dealys to Radmin 3 then Roman was able to provide.

I know for a fact that some of us might even be willing to help you address and find/resolving these issues.
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...
On an unrelated thought, do you suppose the Famatech folks give out more information on the Russian language forums? Any bilingual readers who can check that out are asked to do so, and let us know.
Thanks!

Free Translation web sites will work well. From some basic broken translations.

Basicly They have having problems installing the new video hook. As it install as a Video driver and not how it currently dose. From further my broken readings problems seem to exist with "automatic" installation meaning as it stands now you couldn't install Radmin 3 silently because the driver is not detected and install correctly as a device with out user intervention.

This is only rough interpertaion based on russian to broken English. But it dose match along the lines of a post by Dmirty from eailer today.
--------------
After some more research I don't think the russian site says much more then what is said here. How ever some one who bi-Lungual could confirm this for us it would be great!
--------------
Ed L. wrote:
Basicly They have having problems installing the new video hook. As it install as a Video driver and not how it currently dose. From further my broken readings problems seem to exist with "automatic" installation meaning as it stands now you couldn't install Radmin 3 silently because the driver is not detected and install correctly as a device with out user intervention.

Lack of an unattended install should not be stopping a beta release, especially at this very, very, late date. Release the beta now, and let us all investigate the new functionality. That's what betas are for. When the unattended install is finished, release a beta v. 2 (or call it release candidate 1).
I agree with you on that John.

But like I said I just ran posts through a translation program and that was most informitive information I could find. For the most part they seem to be saying the same thing to Russian costmers as they are us. But the Information is being provided by our good friend Roman. It seems that the information being provided on the russian forum is not much diffirent. As the dates are the same so it seems that we Just b!tch more about it then they do or so it seems.
--------------
TekServer wrote:
On an unrelated thought, do you suppose the Famatech folks give out more information on the Russian language forums? Any bilingual readers who can check that out are asked to do so, and let us know.

The Russian forums say they've been testing 3.0 for the past 6 weeks! Can you believe that?!

Well...ok..I don't speak or read Russian...

...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
So, do I understand that correctly?
Famatech stated two or more years ago that Radmin 3 is basically done and that they are doing beta-testing and quality assurance. But now they admit that a video-hook driver can't be installed automatically...? So that sounds as a core component to me...

This means hat they are working more than 2 years on that video-hook driver auto-install issue? aaaight.... that must be a heck of an install when it's done....
Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 Next