Login::
Password::
Forgot your password?
Register
Login

Pages: Prev. 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 Next
[ Closed ] Radmin 3.0 Server Release Date

Dmitry Znosko wrote:

I'd like to inform you that Radmin 3.0 Beta will go out today.

Yours sincerely,
Dmitry Znosko

Nifty what time today.. ? Is this today as in May 11, 2006 ? It's 8am MSt... ?
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...

The Famatech CEO only has 3 posts! Have they been deleting his posts too? :-)

Dmitry Znosko wrote:
I'd like to inform you that Radmin 3.0 Beta will go out today.

Dmitry,

Must be because I did very nice to Famatech today <G>. My "nice joke" is deleted, but if Radmin 3 come's out today, I will still leave the forum walking backwards, repeatedly bowing and humbly whispering "Thánk you Sir!".

End of joke's and sarcasm, back to normal conversation:

Really? GREAT :!: Can't wait to test it.

Regards,

Michel

Yes because of you M. Uphoff the delay is over :-)

Hey, don't give him too much credit yet. Not until we actually see a working download link.

:D

More than one Dmitry = different number of posts.....

Dmitry Kurashev
Administrator
Famatech, Director

Dmitry Znosko
Administrator
Famatech`s CEO

TekServer wrote:
Hey, don't give him too much credit yet. Not until we actually see a working download link.

Agreeded but this is the CEO not some Famatek Underling. If this guy lies then they might as well close up shop or rename the company
--------------

You know, I really HATE to be sarcastic, but Dmitry, you said "I'd like to inform you....."

Well, I'd like for you to inform me that it will be released today, BUT....you didn't say "We are releasing Beta 3". I don't know Russian, but in English, there is a HUGE difference in meaning between telling someone you would LIKE to do something....that only expresses the desire. It doesn't mean that the desire will actually be acted upon. Example - I'd like to fly to the moon and have sex with [fill in your favorite fantasy lover].

Wouldn't we all! But, the fact of the matter is that only a desire to do something has been expressed, not the clear intention, let alone ability, to actually fly to the moon, much less have sex with a fantasy lover.

So, Dmitry, your post is meaningly when really examined. Famatech is worse that Avis Rent-a-Car...you'r both No. 2, but at least Avis tries harder. Famatech doesn't seem to try at all.

SSSSSLLLLLUUUUUURRRRRRRPPPPPPP - that's the sound of this post being deleted!!

Scott Pickus, are you turning this into a LOST episode???? :)

Sil wrote:
After a night of no sleep I finally found out why it is taking so long for Famatech to create an application ... these guys must be getting paid by the hour!
That reminds me of the Dilbert cartoon where the pointy haired boss informs them of the new management brainstorm of paying the coders a monetary reward for every code bug they find. The coders are happy beyond belief as they imagine all the code bugs they'll self-generate. They are already counting their new found riches.

Released? Today? very nice :)

I can't wait :)

... waiting ...

8)

...me too...

8)

Don't look now, but it's in the downloads section.

WOOHOO! Props to the Dmitry's, and to M. Uphoff. Maybe you were right after all!

:D :D :D

Dmitry,

Shaved? Come here....

KISSSSS... :)

Downloaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a beta copy.

Dmitry: THANK YOU,,,, WOW.

Now for testing.......

:-)

As promised - now you can download Radmin 3.0 beta from
http://www.radmin.com/download/index.php

First of all it goes to our forum users.

Best regards,
Dmitry

It seems the Beta 3 viewer (new one) can't talk to a 2.2 server. This function worked on the prior beta viewer. Just some initial feedback.

Please, read the installation notice before starting to install it.

Yes, this beta does not work with 2.2. Radmin 3.0 has been really significantly updated, so it uses different protocol, security etc. Nevertheless the release and also some future beta will work with 2.x. It's not a real problem but we have not included this functionality in the first beta.

I just tried to unzip it using RAR and I get a archive CRC error.
Will try again.. Anybody else get that? Thanks...
Phil

Yes, this beta does not work with 2.2. Radmin 3.0 has been really significantly updated, so it uses different protocol, security etc. Nevertheless the release and also some future beta will work with 2.x. It's not a real problem but we have not included this functionality in the first beta.
Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying.

Also we do not support remote control functionality under Windows NT4.0/9x. It's also going to be fixed afterwards.

The new 3.0 viewer will not open my old phonebook. Also, it offered to replace it with an empty phonebook (fortunately, I have several backup copies of my rather extensive phonebook!).

Let me make sure I have one other thing clear: currently, the new 3.0 viewer will not support any server version except 3.0 server. The previous 3.0 viewer beta will support older server versions (2.2, 2.1) but not the new 3.0 server. Is this correct? If so, I can live with that, but I should recommend to fellow posters to keep the old 3.0 viewer executable handy, and backup your phonebooks!
:o

My download now works, proxy damaged file. Had to do a work around. Dmitry send me e-mail as my ip is blocked, would like to have it passed at your web server. THANKS......

Are the licenses going to be emailed out to those of us that have a free upgrade?

It would appear our 2.2 license file doesn't work for this release.

Thanks again for the communication and beta. It was frustrating but we stayed because the product is so much better price / performanace wise then the other comptetors.

8)

I'm looking forward to seeing what 4 years of dev time will get us. Personally, I expect it to be d*mn near perfect. Beta or not.. it's been 4 years.

If there's any obvious blunders, I will laugh more than I've already been laughing.

Just Another Radmin User wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing what 4 years of dev time will get us. Personally, I expect it to be d*mn near perfect. Beta or not.. it's been 4 years.

If there's any obvious blunders, I will laugh more than I've already been laughing.

Jusst be happy that we have somthing now. Perfect or not. Hopefully they will address these isssues and have a new build out soon... How Ever I do suggest that they either release licenscing options for Radmin Server Or bring back the free upgrade option.
--------------

Do we hae a very basic Time table for release from now till Gold Release ... ?
--------------
Pages: Prev. 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 Next