Okay, I think this might help. I was using MS remote desktop to uninstall 2.2 and install 3beta on both machine that I was having problems with. When I stopped that and actually got off my butt to go to the machine and install 3beta everything worked fine.
One more thing. For those that may be interested. Even though it seems you can't install the new video hook driver while using MS remote desktop, I have tested installation using Real VN* (I know bad word). I works just fine.
In Radmin 2.2 "NT authentication" used your currently logged in user name and password first then prompted you to log in if it was not accepted. It doesn't seem to be doing that in the beta. Is anyone else seeing this also?
Note to all 2.1 and 2.2 will work with V3 installed and both phone books work, but MUST use diffrent ports!
Many features are here, some need work, some needed to be added like remote port forwared for printing, but I do all see the hard work, lets now help them finish it.
Lets face It it was realy that easy, others would have done it sooner and better, I only know of 3 or 4 others that use the windows mirror driver and they all have their issues, $$, interface,and only one is open source so it has a very large team of helping programers.
MS Remote Desk Top doesn/t use console zero and can/t install services, this is a known issue at MS, the workaround is to use add/remove programs window and use the add program button. VNC and RAdmin are console zero tools.
Also for High CPU usage for no apparent reason, turn off video hardware acceleration in advanced options in properties. This is a video driver issue with card mfg. Update driver or change.
Look at the "RADMIN 3.0 Beta Features List" at the down load page, they listed what is and what is not in the beta and what is planed for V3x, server to client and printing IS included.
Cut and paste:
Some features planned for future updates
* Callback functionality: Radmin Server can connect to Radmin Client.
* Full screen text mode support.
* Choice of font to be used to display full screen mode.
* Support of disabling the serverís mouse and keyboard.
* Remote printing support.
* Blank user screen support.
Thanks for releasing the beta it is a shame that people arenít just happy that the new "Mirror Driver" has made Radmin the fastest Remote control seen to date.
We were already aware that the product was not complete so I see no point in everyone bagging the new release.
USERS: Famatech are aware of what functions are not working but released the BETA for the people that were so eager to see the new product. It seams they can't win you put ***** on them for not releasing it then you put ***** on them for it not being complete!!
Get a life - You can't have you cake and eat it people.....
Thanks Famatech looking good please donít give up.
PS. Beta is a testing platform so anyone that installed it on their "Live" systems deserves to have their phone book entries deleted and I hope it takes you ages to retype them again.
Don Henly wrote:
It seams they can't win you put ***** on them for not releasing it then you put ***** on them for it not being complete!!
4 1/2 years after Famatech publicly (on this forum) announced the list of features and said it would be ready in Nov/Dec (2001), and after they have repeatedly said the reason it was delayed is due to their desire to release something that is fully tested and has "no errors", I think it is reasonable to be disappointed in what has been released this week.
Apparently, you are completely satisfied, which is fine. Some of us are not.
okay I agree with some people that it's weird that a product (that takes 3-4 years to update) still contains bugs, but it's still beta... I do question myself.. if this has over 15 bugs.. will the non-beta be released before or after Vista gets released.. and since it doesnt work in Vista.. :-/ I hope for the best for the buyers. I didnt buy it, because I expected something like this.
1. I started a Remote Administrator session to a laptop. It works just fine.
2. I used Remote Desktop to connect to the laptop while the Radmin session was still alive and [the RAdmin session was] logged in to a local admin account on the laptop. It forced the local user to log off with Remote Desktop. RAdmin showed the log off and when the Remote Desktop started logging in, RAdmin screen went blank. Odd, but RAdmin was still able to send Ctrl-Alt-Del to remote machine while the screen was blank.
3. I logged off the Remote Desktop session. RAdmin screen...connected the whole time...is still blank when laptop display returns to Windows Logon. Sending Ctrl-Alt-Del does not work now.
4. Disconnected from laptop and reinitiated the RAdmin session. This did not work, the RAdmin viewer displayed a blank window with a resolution for about 640x480 (laptop is much higher) sized screen and I still cannot send Ctrl-Alt-Del.
5. Restarting the service remotely did not fix the problem.
6. Had to restart the machine... I was able to use RAdmin to do this, but when it was restarting the screen went blank on the laptop and it took a while to restart.
Installed okay, but since Windows still forces the binaries to C:\windows\syswow64 vs. C:\windows\system32 the Shortcuts are broken and the services doesn't install correctly.
BUT, when you run the config and set all the necessary settings, the config realizes this and asks you if you want to reinstall the service and that works. So just the shortcuts need to be updated...something that can be done with the config?