Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 Next
  Views: 59317Topic:: «Radmin 3.0 Server/Viewer beta issues» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Thanks fore all who sent their comments on the 3.0 beta.

Unfortunately we did not see much concerning what's really new in it. We know very good that there are some functions not working yet but it's just a beta version. In the same time we really need to have more feedback on many new things we have done. Radmin 3.0 is based on absolutely new technology, it has like 20-30% common with Radmin 2.x. We have developed Radmin Miror driver, new protocol is used for the data transfer, there is a new security based on AES-256 bit encryption and new authentication (Diffie-Hellman), many changes to interface, chat, audio chat, etc. It's all new and we need your feedback.
I think most of the problems are already posted, more will come if those other function starts to work smile:)

I really like this new version, quit fast, almost wanted to buy me a license for it ... but then again ... I'm not into paying for something and have to wait for more then a year to see the final product (if it was almost completed now, maybe I would, but there are just too many features not working).

And as most of us people here, we don't suspect any final production (or new beta) release very soon.

Can you guys give us some idea about the release plans? Beta updates, deadline for the final, ... anything ?

If you were going to post weekly updates of the beta and we see it grow to the final, you probably keep some of your customers ..
Dmitry Kurashev wrote:
Thanks fore all who sent their comments on the 3.0 beta.

Unfortunately we did not see much concerning what's really new in it. We know very good that there are some functions not working yet but it's just a beta version. In the same time we really need to have more feedback on many new things we have done. Radmin 3.0 is based on absolutely new technology, it has like 20-30% common with Radmin 2.x. We have developed Radmin Miror driver, new protocol is used for the data transfer, there is a new security based on AES-256 bit encryption and new authentication (Diffie-Hellman), many changes to interface, chat, audio chat, etc. It's all new and we need your feedback.

Your new mirror driver is quite remarkable. I see quite a difference over the 2.2 version. Working on a remote computer feels even more like I'm sitting in front of it. The speed is excellent even over the internet. I must applaud your team for developing such a fast technology while maintaining such a high level of security.

I'm not sure how feasible it is to enable backwards compatibility and original phonebook functionality to the beta at this time, however, it would enable me to really start testing out the new server more efficiently. The other features I realize will come later, which is no problem as this is just a beta version.
Dimitry: Please see my post above (incase you missed it...no need for reply) about the Remote Desktop issue. I will be testing multiuser login soon, but this may be related to that, you would know better than me.

Chris Koystas and the rest...please read through posts before you post. Then you would have realized that not all features were enabled and that using Radmin 2.2 and the first Radmin 3.0 beta viewer would not work with the server release 3.0 and that the latest Radmin viewer BETA 1 does not view 2.2 or lower servers. It just frustrates those that are paying attention and the developers with wasted posts. This also includes looking in other threads than this one if need be.
Honestly we did not think that Viewer beta <-> Full beta phonebooks compatibility would be such an issue. Probably our first Radmin Viewer beta is used on a larger scale than we expected. Now we just have some different format for phonebooks as there are more fields there. Anyway I will communicate this to our developers.
Ask your developers when remote printing might be added.
I have been actively using v3.0 since its release.

The following are issues that I hope to be resolved. Some have been mentioned by other forum users.

1) I really like the dual monitor support. I have been connecting to a dual monitor server from a single monitor viewer. In full screen mode, the automatic panning function between the two remote monitors is excellent. However, I think that the panning should only happen if one moves the mouse all the way to the edge of the screen and holds it there. Currently Radmin pans to the secondary monitor if the mouse is brought anywhere near the edge of the viewer (maybe 100 pixels or so). The problem is that if one just wants to use a scrollbar on the edge fo primary screen, just the act of trying to select it with the mouse causes the screen to pan and switch.

2) Is the toolbar item "Choose remote monitor to view" enabled now? It doesn't seem to do anything on my system. By the way, is there a maximum resolution supported by v3.0?

3) It would be nice to have your splash screen come up immediately during the connection process, rather than with the current delay. I always use Radmin from shortcuts with commandline switches and it would be nice to have some immediate feedback when the program has been invoked.

4) I too would like the toolbar have the ability to be hidden/shown with some sort of keystroke. Also, a command line switch to hide it would be excellent.

5) I too would like some way to hide the tray icon. I just prefer not to have the clutter.

6) The remote cursor modes are not enabled as far as I can tell.

7) I have the same nonsense characters in the viewer title bar that other users have reported.

smile8) The speed of Radmin is excellent. The only issue that I have encountered so far is when I have tried to use the screen clipping tool in Microsoft OneNote - this seems to use some sort of screen overlay. The mouse tracking becomes exceptionally slow in this circumstance. It might be worth your investigation.

Thanks
I had to turn off hardware acceleration in my VMWare virtual machine to get the curser not to lag. VMWare recommended that the hardware acceleration be turned on. The curser seems to be real time and I havent notice any performance degradation in the VM.

Thanks for the new release. So far so good!

smile8)
.... I don't know what to say. 5 years... 5 years.

Anyway, I wish it were possible for Fametech to steal/hire some Kaspersky engineers. Man I tell you right now those effing guys are NO joke, they REALLY SIT THEIR A**ES DOWN AND CODE DAY AND NIGHT! I honestly and truly believe that you guys need to swallow your pride and get some worthy outside help to get this Radmin3 out of this strange perpetual "sourceforge-like" development stage.

Kasperky's product has nothing to do with Remote Administration but it is a 100x more complex product with kernel-drivers up the a**, hooking everywhere, self-protection, just unbelievable.. The point is we were seeing new builds ALMOST EVERY SINGLE ***** DAY! We were seeing so many improvments, so fast that <can you believe it> we were having TROUBLE keeping UP!

HOW is that possible.. Ok so they have like 10 guys working on the ***** thing but STILL! Famatech you are RUSSIANS!!! you are SUPERIOR PROGRAMMERS! I have a great respect for Russian software because it really is "better" so it's a shame and it saddens me to see that this is the 4/5 year "progress" that has been made.

Well, at least the urban-myth is over. So it's a start. But please don't embarrass your fellow Russian coders any further by making your customers wait ANOTHER 5 years to see a finished and perfected NON-BETA version of Radmin3. Hire some more Russian coders who can turbo-charge this EXCRUCIATINGLY slow development-process that Famatech is infamous for.

What I'm saying is that you're on the right track.. but Jesus Christ you've been on it for way to long! hurry up and get to the station already!!! smile:D smile:D Good luck.
The dual monitor support you say??? I've dual monitors at work and single monitor at home. At work, only the left monitor has Windows taskbar. I just cannot click any of the icons in the right bottom corner of the left screen. Once I move mouse in that direction (no matter how carefully) - the screen just flies to the second monitor and I cannot slow it down. Is it a speed contest between computer changing monitors and myself? In 10 minutes in full screen view I could not click in the right bottom corner of the left screen a single time. So, I cannot use the right portion of the left screen and the left portion of the right - basically the whole center of my desktop, because it just flies away from me. I would better use old good radmin 2.2 wihout support for the second monitor smile:(

The other annoying thing is... the screen has become noticably slower once I installed radmin 3 beta 1 on both ends. The previous combination of radmin 2.1 server with 3.0 client worked a lot better. I did not do benchmarking, it's just my visual impression. I use default 8 bit color depth.
Igor,

Change your updates / second to like 15 or maybe 20

I have absolutely no idea why Radmin ships this product with a default of 100updates/second this is totally unnecessary and just kills the cpu. A setting of 20 and a setting of 100 will look absolutely identical even on a gigabit connection, the setting of 100 just eats CPU and massacers slower computers such that you can do nothing on them.

v3 is signifiacantly faster then v2.2 so if you are seeing slower its a settings problem.
...Also I guess no driver for 64 bit

That's why Radmin Server 3.0 beta 1 works only in File Transfer and Telnet connection modes on Windows XP 64 bit.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
That's why Radmin Server 3.0 beta 1 works only in File Transfer and Telnet connection modes on Windows XP 64 bit.

To be clear about this, has anyone got v2.2 or v3.0 beta working in Remote Control mode on a Windows XP 64 bit system?
2.2 works just fine on XP 64 bit .. and windows 2003 64bit for that matter ..

just the "files" dont get put in the system32 directory, all i had to do was basically copy all the files from c:\program files (x86)\radmin to c:\windows\system32 , and everything works like a charm.

3.0 .. i havent tested and dont intend to test on my 64 bit platforms smile:)
Thanks, Todd.
Walter Holm wrote:
Chris

I just wanted to put all the 'problems' I had detected to a single post. I don't think that stating something that is right is frustrating anyone.

Plus I did write that I noticed (obviously on the forum) that the first issues are just temporary and stated that the speed is quite improved compared to the previous versions.

I consider the disability to connect to 2.x version clients very serious because of that I had to uninstall completely my paid version or use the 2.2 viewer that lacks full control over keyboard which is important for me.

Also a lot of people here seek compatibility or import function from the old beta viewer phonebook. If that is not possible or would be too much of trouble for the new viewer (as a developer I know what it means to sustain migration issues with new versions..) a simple convertion utility would be ideal for most people here (I believe)...

Anyway.. i keep using the new version no other problem so far.
Sometimes if you have put the tray icon for always on top and hit on "Stop RAdmin Server" and you select start from the Start Menu a second icon appears.

Also while RA Server stopped the "Current Connections" option of the tray icon doesn't popup any information window.

Always see a noticeable extra delay upon connecting to clients compared to previous versions, even from GBit lan until the user/password window appears.
Thanks Chris Koystas and others.

We're working upon all troubles that have been mentioned here.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
I don't know, if this was already posted, I just found another bug or it is not implementet yet:

I can't use the "Connect through" feature with the new 3.0 Server / Viewer ...

This feature is really important for me, to connect from home through firewall to a customer!!

Best regards

Reinhard
Here's another issue that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere and isn't related to any features that have yet to be implemented:

I was testing the file transfer connection mode, transferring about 186MB of assorted files, and RAdmin crashed on an XML file. I tried several more times, and it always crashed on the same file.

I can send the error details and the XML file to anyone who's interested, just e-mail me and let me know.
Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 Next