Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 11074Topic:: «Questions of impropriety, Post questions and answers here about the status of the Beta release» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
I've create this topic so that I could ask questions about the beta release that aren't of a tech support nature.

This beta release reinforces my previously stated opinion that things at Famatech seem rushed in the last week or two. I'm sure everyone who's tried the beta will back me up that this is far less developed than it should be.

So I pose the question again to Famatech, and especially to the Dmitry's: what's been going on for the last 5 years!? This beta you've released is nice, and shows great promise. But there's no way this represents 5 years of development. I think we, your loyal paying customers, deserve to know the story. After all, we've stuck with you all this time; any other company with the delays and missed timelines and faulty information (lies?) and even red herrings (RAdmin CS!?) would have long since gone out of business for losing 98% of their customer base.

So how about a little return on our loyalty investment? Like an answer to why, after 5 years, we're seeing a 6-month beta?
TekServer wrote:
So how about a little return on our loyalty investment? Like an answer to why, after 5 years, we're seeing a 6-month beta?

90 --- > 3 Months smile;-)
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...
90 --- > 3 Months

What I meant was that this looks like a beta that represents about 6 months of development, rather than 5 years of development.

Yes, I know 90 days = 3 months! smile:D
Honesty, even if it makes you look bad, is respectable. People HATE lies and guile.

Post a notice of apology to your customers, come clean, and move on.
That is very sad and upsets me if they did that because of your earlier post. That was was a very fair question.
The answer is quite obvious. They were not putting much effort into radmin 3.0. I think they were putting too much time in the Communication Server which to me was a ***** of time as i do not think it is very useful. they should have spent the time with radmin 3.0. Yes the beta does suck, except IT HAS TRAnsperency support so i am thankful for that. technically thats all i wanted the whole time. The slow mouse updates is probably the mirror driver which should have been optimized first. As for all there previous lies about it being done and they were just debugging it all is too apparent now...since half features dont work....but be proud that they finnaly released a beta so everyone stop the bitching and as for farmatech... u do owe everyone an apology for lieing for so long.. but keep up the work and keep the updates going.
eric vb wrote:
u do owe everyone an apology for lieing for so long.. but keep up the work and keep the updates going.

Agreeded 100%. Keep up the good work and push out Radmin server3 updates. (or even a good cross version viewer) but please come clean. Even if it is in a post that gose to subscribed members. Most of us subscribe already due to "Moderation Statandards".
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...
Let's clean up the spilt milk and move on. It's here, lets just keep moving forward. I think all have learned something from all this. I would hope. smile;-)
We've published only beta and the first thing you notice could be some missing features. However we really spent 4-5 years on developing some new technologies being the base of new Radmin. For this purpose we had to spend much time on the research. If you think that all this stuff should take less time and should not be that difficult, I think there should be many products being much better, faster, more secure and reliable.

I'm really sorry if some of our earlier statements, release time estimates and so on got you upset. We always try to keep you informed about our plans but we never made any guarantees on that. Note, that we sell only existing version, we do not charge much for it (you agree, I think) and we do not sell you any upgrade for 3.0. So some of the postings I see here are quite ridiculous.
Dmitry Kurashev wrote:
I think there should be many products being much better, faster, more secure and reliable.

Dmitry,

I think you have a point in that.

Michel
Dmitry: wasn't giving that answer a more equitable solution than blocking out my access for asking the question?

I concede that the mirror driver and some of the other improvements (especially security) may very well represent breakthru technology advances. And, not being a programmer myself, I will certainly concede that 4-5 years may very well be appropriate development time for these things.

I still think that blocking me for asking this question was petty. I also suspect there's more to the development story. But I'm willing to let bygones be bygones, though I probably won't be participating as much in the forums any more, and (like many, I suspect) I won't be doing much beta testing until a more usable version is released.
I would like to know what needs to be done to unblock my original account and to unblock my IP address. If nothing else, at least unblock the IP address, because there are other techs at my shop that can't download RAdmin because of your feud with me. I have already sent a request to support@famatech.com to have the blocks removed, which apparently has been ignored. If there is someone else I should e-mail, or some other procedure that needs to be done, let me know here or with an e-mail and I'll do it. I just want to get this stupid quarrel behind us.
Dear TekServer,
I'm sure that in your question there was something that violated our Forum rules - www.famatech.com/support/forum/policy.php. And there were multiple attempts to post it.

Anyway I hope you can agree to these rules. So I've told our guys to remove all restrictions if there are any.
Ok, I'll give Famatech the benefit of the doubt. Answer these questions honestly, and it'll go a very long way to satisfying our concerns:

How long did Radmin 2 take to develop?

How many developers worked on Radmin 2?

How many developers are working on Radmin 3?

How many of the senior Radmin 2 developers or key engineers are working on Radmin 3?

I think these questions sum up the most important concerns with Radmin development.
Famatech definitely has a great product here but they need to get it out.
All I wanted was the remote printing feature.
It was promised for V3 when I asked about it.
It still is not here. I guess they have not had enough time yet to implement it.
Since Famatech feels the need to edit my posts, I'm moving on to a new product. This is not a forum where you can express yourself freely about their product or concerns with their product. Below is my original post:

I've been using Radmin for years now and to tell you the truth, I am very disappointed with the beta release. I've been checking the Famatech website twice a week for the last 2 years hoping to see the new version. Now that it's here.....well.....for most users it doesn't do anything more than the previous version. A true beta version is usually 95% to 99% working. Radmin 3.0 has most of the new features disabled.....what's up with that? I've started my quest to find a substitute for radmin. Maybe I'll find something better and maybe I won't but I'm not putting anymore trust into what they say. By their standards, this will probably be in beta for 2 years and I simply can't wait that much longer. Famatech definitely has a great product here but they need to get it out. Wonder if I'll get banned for this post like the others? It sucks that paying customers can't vent their anger without being banned. It's not their fault...they just want answers.

This post was legit and show not have been deleted. I expressed my concerns and I also gave your product credit. What's up with editing users posts?
Pages: 1