Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 4704Topic:: «During Install encountered Wingate Error, During Install encountered Wingate Error» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
I was installing Radmin Server 3.0 on a computer remotely. The remote computer is running win xp. The install goes all the way through, asks to install the mirror driver, but then freezes at "Creating Temporary File..." . I went to the system32\rserver30 folder and read the log file which stated:

Code
<800> RServer3 2006.05.12 21:05 Radmin Server v3.0 is started
<800> RServer3 2006.05.12 21:05 WinGate bug or similar problem is detected, entering compatibility mode:telnet mode will be disabled.

Could you please offer some help. Thanks.
I found out what the wingate error was coming from. On the remote computer I have a internet filter installed. On another computer with the same filter installed I am able to run RA 3.0 as well. In it's log is the same wingate bug error.

So the wingate error I don't believe is stopping the installation on the original remote computer mentioned above. Is there anything I can check to get rserver3 to install correctly.
wrong topic...
<800> RServer3 2006.05.12 21:05 WinGate bug or similar problem is detected, entering compatibility mode:telnet mode will be disabled.

This problem occurs when some software is incorrectly integrated with network interfaces on low level. Examples of such software are firewalls, proxies, traffic managers, etc.

You should use latest version of such software. WinGate is most common cause of this problem. If you are using WinGate, you should upgrade to WinGate 5.0.6 build 820 which has this problem solved. Older WinGate versions had errors which prevented Radmin from operating properly.

It also seems that installing Radmin first and then your current WinGate version could be a solution if any problems occur.

If updating to latest version doesn't solve your problem, you'll have to disable it.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Pages: 1