Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 6800Topic:: «Black Screen w. yellow stripes on Windows MCE» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Hello!

I am using Radmin beta3 server on a machine with windows mce to remote control it from my laptop. The normal desktop works fine, but instead of the mce-window I see a black square with yellow diagonal stripes. When I move the mousecursor over it, small squares with the real screen appear, but remote control doesn't work in the MCE-window. This happens when MCE is fullscreen and windowed.
I've uploaded a screenshot of my laptop-computer with a Remote session opened where the mce-shell is running in a window. You see there the traces of the mouse-cursor.
http://forum.geizhals.at/files/312/mce_and_radmin.JPG

with best regards
mariachi76

btw: with radmin 2.2 this didn't happen.
Try please set "Full" Hardware Acceleration.
There is a Hardware Acceleration option in Windows located at "Start->Control Panel->Display Properties->Settings->Advanced->Troubleshooting->Hardware Acceleration".
It seems that you can't connect to running Media Center (you'll get yellow stripes) but you can connect and then run Media Center.
With Full Hardware Acceleration we found that Media Center works fine but sometimes it hangs OS.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Try please set "Full" Hardware Acceleration.

Hello! Full Hardware Acceleration is (and was) always set. But it's true that when I start mce after a remote session, it works (but mce then complains that my video card is not compatible). btw, i have a nVidia 6600GT with the forceware 81.9x drivers (the newest whql drivrs for mce)

with best regards
mariachi76
but mce then complains that my video card is not compatible

You should forward this trouble to Microsoft technical support i guess they'll help you.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
You should forward this trouble to Microsoft technical support i guess they'll help you.

Whew, you are a bit optimistic about MS support. Anyway, the problem didin't occur with radmin 2.2, and doesn't occur without radmin active. Only when server 3b is running and I remote control the mce-computer, mce shows this error message when starting mce _after_ the remote session. So this is probably quite related to radmin.

Anyway, are chances that the "yellow stripe bug" will be fixed in the 3.0 final?

with best regards
mariachi76
This might help. I noticed on my machine that I could not run certain programs that relied on Microsoft DirectX DirectDraw. As a matter of fact, it looked to be unavailable within dxdiag.exe. I tried the driver route and even an directx reload. Nothing. Anyway, I uninstalled Radmin 3.0 beta and now everything is back as it should be. So, I am presuming that the new video hook as installed as a device under Display Adapters in device manager is what was causing it. Any ideas Roman?
Pages: 1