Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 6985Topic:: «Radmin 3 Suggestions, The (hopefully) definitive spot that we can list all suggestions...» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
As there are lots of threads popping up that mix a ton of stuff (criticism / beta issues / suggestions) I thought it might make it nice to have a central point for our suggestions . . . . .
For instance . . . .

1) Tooltips on new floating toolbar

2) The ability to change scrolling speed between multiple monitors

3) The ability to lock on 1 monitor and stay there or switch between the different ones via a keypress or floating toolbar button and then be locked

The app is really fast.
My wish: Remote Printing.

RAdmin would be the utilmate *********** killer if there was a way to create a printer driver on the server, that could be selected, and transfer the print job to the client, so the person using the viewer could "work from home" and print things from their pc at work, to their home printer.

I turned my ceo on to radmin because he complained about paying $ a month for *********** from ******, but the only thing he misses is the remote print function.

I didn't see that listed in the features of the 3.0 beta, so I am mentioning it here in this wish list. I will also create a new post to see if there is a way to make that happen using a trick or something.

UPDATE: I did a search for "print" after I postes (sorry for being so rush rush), and I found a post by Roman that says remote printing will be available in 3.0. Here is the quote of his post:

----------------------------------
Radmin Server 3.0 will have remote printing support.
You can subscribe on product news on our site in order to have most up to date information.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.
----------------------------------

But I didn't see it mentioned in the features list of the viewer or the server, so I suggest you put it there because other rush rush people like me may not do a search and may not buy the product because they think it doesn't do remote printing....

by the way: thanks for a great product!
I would like to be able to turn off the user authentication on the server, since we are not only using RAdmin as an administration tool. All of our users have access to the viewer and use it as a collaboration tool when they need to show each other something on the screen, and in that case we find it sufficient with just the acknowledge prompt at the server PC.

I'm not sure if this possibility already exists, but at least I haven't found any way to turn off the authentication (the closest I've come is to use NT security and grant the Anonymous logon access, which would let you connect without entering a username and password, but I would rather get rid of the login box all together).

On the other hand it would be even better if I as an administrator had the possibility to authenticate somehow and then circumvent the prompt at the server, while ordinary users must be approved by the user at the server PC. This would be helpful since we sometimes need to administrate a PC in another time zone, when the user is not there. (I'm having an idea that this might be done by having two servers running on different ports, using separate settings, but I haven't tested this yet, and would actually rather prefer not having to use more than one server)
In version 2.2 atleast you could prevent the authentication prompt only when the radmin is authenticating against a domain. If you were listed in the security as a user or as a member of an AD group, you would not be prompt at all.
I'd also like to see the ability to go back to 2.2 where you could just have a singular password to access the server. This was great when a server wasn't in AD.

Please bring this feature back! smile:{}
John Byrne wrote:
I'd also like to see the ability to go back to 2.2 where you could just have a singular password to access the server. This was great when a server wasn't in AD.

Please bring this feature back!

When you decide to use radmin auth you creat coustem user names and passes that works liek single password auth. but this way you have a user name and pass for better security
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...
I would like to be able to turn off the user authentication on the server, since we are not only using RAdmin as an administration tool. All of our users have access to the viewer and use it as a collaboration tool when they need to show each other something on the screen

Personally, I just wouldn't install the viewer on any end user workstations, just the server.

I would love to it if you had the option during installation of the viewer, to select what features can be installed on a particular PC. For ex, pc 1 (user pc) would just have installed "Open a chat text window" and "send a text msg" whereas pc 2 (admin ) would have all the features of the viewer.
I am so glad to finally find a remote access app with decent multiple monitor support. The way I am using it is as follows:

PC 1 - connected to three monitors using an AGP card with 1 vga output and a PCI card with 2 vga outputs.

PC2 - also has three vga outputs, this time 2 PCI graphics cards; card 1 has 2 vga outputs, card 2 has one. However this PC is not connected to any monitors, i simply have it connected to my network and connect to it from PC1 using Radmin 3.

If i run the viewer in a window and stretch this accross all three monitors i still have to scroll up and down. This is becomming quite a problem as i am connecting to PC2 to use applications which span accross all three monitors and i need to see the entire screen without scrolling. I have no problem with streching the winow accross all three monitors so what would be ideal is the option to loose the toolbar at the top screen and to decrease the size of the border style (the top of the window that contains the minimizse, maximize and close buttons). This should then allow you to view practically the the enite screen reducing the ammount of vertical scrolling. Of course, if you could remove the toolbar and border entirely as an option that would be ideal!

A number of my colleagues use their systems for the same purpose (running two or three screen progs) so im assuming there must be others out there who would appreciate this feature...
[QUOTE]

True. But the point being you have the same amount of security with a singular password that's encrypted then having to have an user & password for a PC not in AD.

My opinion. Just don't take away a feature. If you choose to use it a different way that's cool - just don't take functionality away for no reason.
I'd also like to use Group Policy Objects to administrate Radmin 3. Perhaps the DEV's could make some GPO templates for us to use.

That way we could set frame rate, color depth, etc.
Sean Donaghey wrote:
In version 2.2 atleast you could prevent the authentication prompt only when the radmin is authenticating against a domain. If you were listed in the security as a user or as a member of an AD group, you would not be prompt at all.

I kind of suspected that, but our clients are not (yet, at least) members of any AD domain, since we are running a Novell network. Thats why I would like to have some other way to get rid of the authentication prompt, because I know many of our users would be very confused about the prompt when they are not used to it...
Pages: 1