Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 6220Topic:: «KERNEL32.DLL.LoadLibraryExW, Can't install under Win2K» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
I'm trying to install the server part on a Windows 2000 SP4 computer...
I get the following messagebox 4 times during the installation :

Code
Can't load function from library : KERNEL32.DLL.LoadLibraryExW

But install still completes.
When I try to configure/start/stop the server, I get the same message, and nothing launches.
I've checked : my kernel32.dll does export the LoadLibraryExW function... smile:cry:

(edit: corrected typo)
Arnaud Lecas wrote:
I'm trying to install the server part on a Windows 2000 SP4 computer...
I get the following messagebox 4 times during the installation :

Can't load function from library : KERNEL32.DLL.LoadLibraryExW

I have a W2kSP4 system and don't encounter that error. RAdmin3 installed and runs ok. My copy of %systemroot%\KERNEL32.DLL is version 5.0.2195.7006, modified Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 4:39:00 AM, and is 712,704 bytes.

Things to try if you haven't already: Restart (surpisingly frequent cure for cranky DLL loading), sfc /scannow or the more extreme sfc /purgecache. Have you Windows 2000 Pro CD and Service Pack 4 CD handy before running either, especially the latter. These will ensure that the system files are all as they should be.
Jim
It is possible that you've a virus or trojan on your computer. Please check this.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
My kernel32.dll file is version 5.0.2195.7006, modified 3th of June 2005, 03:31:08 AM (Microsoft engineers really love to work at night it seems !), and is 759,568 bytes. It's the French version, hence the slight date/size difference.

I keep an SHA1 sum of all my \system32 files on a separate USB Key, and regularly check for changes. I think that if this file had been tampered, I would have noticed it.
Anyway I've scanned my computer with Kaspersky AntiVirus, it's clean.

I have another computer running the same version of Windows. I just checked the kernel32.dll sums, they match, but the problem happens only one one of those computers.

I'm willing to help... if you need more information, or need me to do any sorts of tests, just ask smile:)
I've tracked down the problem, disabling all my startup applications, and reactivating them one by one.

This seems to be an incompatibility of some sort with a freeware named "SuperCopier2".
Pages: 1