Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 4288Topic:: «Essential that radmin get off the malware lists» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
I hate to be a fly in the general ointment, but I think it's essential that radmin get off the malware lists of the major AV companies.

I have continual problems with radmin getting zapped by various AV software from multiple vendors. It's getting worse, not better, and I think we can assume that trend will continue.

It appears that the AV companies criteria includes the fact that radmin can be hidden, making it an ideal tool for hackers. This is completely wrong and unfair. However, the major AV companies do it anyway. That's a fact. They are unthinking thugs.

So famatech had an unpleasant choice, and they made it. I think the bad guys here are the AV companies, not famatech.

Perhaps a good compromise is the "password protect on server settings" idea. It sounds like a great feature.

Just my $0.02
Kirby,

You are completely wrong on this. They made the WRONG choice.

You can set NAV or whatever antivirus your company uses to NOT detect radmin hence eliminating 100% of the problem and maintaining all the benefits of a hidden icon.

The new situation is unacceptable and the bad guys are famatech they are the ones who chose to implement an unacceptable policy and I pray it is changed before the beta becomes released (in 2012)
Kirby Moyers wrote:
It appears that the AV companies criteria includes the fact that radmin can be hidden, making it an ideal tool for hackers. This is completely wrong and unfair.

Symantec PcAnywhere's tray icon can be hidden allso. Symantec published a registry fix for this. Now Symantec AV is detecting PcAw as malware? Don't think so.

Michel Uphoff
i just got a brand new virus,firewall,spyware,popup blocker,stealth web surfer in a value pack for 40dollars first i was worried that it kill radmin but there is nothing blocking or stopping maybe you need to update your av stuff i even downloaded a few free scanner for virus nothing detected it maybe the popular av people are just stuck-up about radmin to remove it
Pages: 1