Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 4569Topic:: «Using radmin to provide remote support, Using Radmin 3» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
How do you use Radmin 3 to provide remote support to customers who require incidental assistance. Scenario: you do not have access to their computer. You want them to download a preconfigured server from your website so that you can then log into their computer once they install the preconfigured server. You don;t want them to have to make any adjustments to the server after installation. Mainly because they do not have the expertise to do so. Can this be done with Radmin 3?
You can import registry setting from
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RAdmin\v3.0] to a .reg file and send it to customer (via mail, network, web share etc). Customer applies .reg file to installed Radmin and settings become the same.

Best regards,
Alexander Koygerov
Famatech Technical Team Head
The only thing customer will have to add manually - let Radmin Server to go through firewall.
Alexander Koygerov
Famatech Technical Team Head
How does the customer apply the reg.file? They have to start/run/regedit and then when they import the file they have to know where to place it or does it automatically go into the radmin server settings. Then they have to change one setting in the server.
This is far more than I want the customer to be able or have to do. I want a simgle file that works like UltraVNC SC where they click on the downloaded .exe and it connects them to me. I don;t know how to write a batch file that would do all of this but would assume that this would be possible. The batch file would need to change the firewall setting and import the registry settings for the server. So it would be the ini file in an exe that contained the batch file and the registry settings .reg file. Would this be correct?
And you want a reverse connection through the firewall which the user initiates by opening the exe. That way you don't need to configure the firewall because its an outbound actiion initiated by the administrator of that computer.
Pages: 1