Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 7555Topic:: «Incorrect Version of Server Error» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
I am using version 2.1 to connect to version 3 of radmin. I got the error "Incorrect Version of Server". When I tried to connect from the pc that had version 3 on it to the one that had 2.1, it worked fine. How come it does not work from version 2.1 to version3? Please help smile:( . Thanks Ahead of time.
Rohit Chander,
Radmin Viewer 3.0 is compatible with previous Radmin Server versions (except several connection modes), but Radmin Viewer 2.2 isn't compatible with Radmin Server 3.0
What kind of insane upgrade path did you guys forsee?!?

I can't use RAdmin 3.0 BETA to connect to SERVER FINAL.

I can't use RAdmin 3.0 FINAL VIEWER to connect to SERVER BETA.

I can't use RAdmin 3.0 FINAL to connect to SERVER 2.2.

HOW IN THE WORLD AM I SUPPOSED TO UPGRADE ALL MY SERVERS AND ALL MY CLIENTS SIMULTANEOUSLY?!?

This is just insane!! Poor poor planning... Do you have any idea what kind of nightmare you've created for RAdmin users by building in this idiotic limited connectivity and incompatibility?!? Now I can't upgrade my servers until my clients are updated, but when I update my client they can no longer connect to the server until the server gets updated! THAT IS JUST PLAIN IDIOTIC!!

Didn't you think about your customers when rolling out the final version?

HELP!
Thomas Dietrich
Network Administrator
Basco Shower Enclosures
I connect to a 2.2 server using 3.0 viewer final without a single issue...that may not help you much, though.
I could see it if they provided a tool to push out the new server version and new client version to all. Nope...

But I just can't understand why they'd make to so hard to transition to the final version. It should be smooth easy sailing, not a full-weekend nightmare of rushing to get everybody up to the latest version.

Just my thoughts on the matter, anyway...

I guess that teaches me to use a BETA version!
Thomas Dietrich
Network Administrator
Basco Shower Enclosures
Pages: 1