Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 Next
  Views: 52633Topic:: «Advanced IP Scanner 2.0 Beta Testing since October 27, 2010, We invite you to become a Famatech software beta tester!» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Can IP Scanner have the option like RAdmin where the display can be automagically filtered to live or dead IP's only?
It is nice and very useful, I have used the old version often also.
Two improvments at first look:
1. I'd like to be able to export (File/Save) in RAmin format only the IP-s with detected RAdmin installed. It is very easy to refresh and deploy the RAdmin computers list up to date.
2. Settings/ Options should have one additional custom port scan. It is usefull to search in an network a specific application port, to create an application inventory topology. Only one port not many, for many ports the Advanced Port Scanner could be use.
No bug detected yet on Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2 32-bit Operating System,
George
No problems found after a couple of hours of testing, however, I do have a feature request.

How about a facility to scan for active Radmin servers?

Would this be a good addition to the Radmin sub-menu?

Richard Wagstaff
Beta looks and works great (so far ;). I'd like to add custom ports too to scan, *but* I'd love to see HTTPS as standard. Many network devices are managed using more secure HTTPS these days (e.g. firewalls, routers) and so I'd also like to be able to kick of a browser https connection to the device! :)
Tim
Advanced IP Scanner 2.0 Beta cuts off the full computer name when on a domain if the name is 15 characters. COMPUTER_NAME_X.corp.domain.com will only show COMPUTER_NAME_X.corp.domain.co
No option to create a desktop icon during install. I know it's in Beta stage, but that should be an easy add.
In Windows XP Pro with SP-3, the “Name” column shows only the computer names.
But on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate, it shows the computername.domain.com under the “Name” column. Not sure if it’s a bug or designed to do that.
Router on 192.168.0.1 name is blank on the name column for the discovered IPs. It does show that it's running http, it shows the IP address, and MAC address.
Advanced IP Scanner 2.0 Beta installed on Windows XP SP3:

Findings so far:

- Opened webpage of one of our networkprinters. Upon closing the webbrowser, IP scanner screen was entirely white and unresponsive for about 35 seconds before returning to normal. At least it did not crash like the old version did. This happened on a few computers that were running a webserver as well.

- For RAdmin to work directly from Advanced IP Scanner, you really need to have a port setting. I use alternative ports most of the time. I also understand this would be difficult and make scanning slower. Perhaps you can 'cheat' and match the computers to the RAdmin Viewer address book?

- I am uncertain about the 'User' column. For some of the computers it just shows the computer NETBIOS name with an '$' added. Is this useful in any way?

- Advanced IP Scanner would only detect one of our three Ricoh multifunctionals. While the two that were not detected where in 'Energy saving' mode, their webpages were still accessible and the devices were active on the network. A subsequent scan did show all three.

- While our Netgear WNDR3700 WiFi AP would detected consistently, a Linksys WRT160N and a Linksys WAP54G were not. Sometimes the WAP54G would appear in the list, the WRT160N did not.
hi there,

here´s my first impression and hints (running win7 32bit german):

- file maybe better exe than msi, some users don´t know what is msi
- install directory "Advanced IP Scanner" instead "advanced_ip_scanner"
- default value for network was not my local adapter, instead it used my virtualbox adapter 169.254.0.1 -

169.254.255.254, better check the actual network 192.168.x.x
- nice to see the hidden shares, would be good to have them seperated from the "real" shares to see forgotten

shares --> easy to remove them (i found one i made ages ago)
- shared printers should have a printer symbol
- missing all other open ports on the devices (such as radmin, rdp, smtp, pop, https,...) and it would be cool to see if

any one can be accessed without password
(now only http, ftp and shares are available in options)
wake on lan is cool, but does it recognize turned off devices by mac adress?
- very interesting, on my router it shows ftp and i get an access window, didn´t know that there was a setting for ftp

anywhere in the router system smile:-o
- i like to see the radmin "state" of the pcs and the radmin connect options

all in all cool software, well done!!!

** would be happy to find my radmin licences in the inbox ** smile;-)

see ya

gernot
Had the white screen after closing the browser as mentioned above.
Wake on LAN / Magic Packet still not working, even though turned on in the BIOS.
Shutdown and Abort Shutdown only works on local PC running IP Scanner. Won't shutdown remote PCs.
Shutdown through RAdmin working properly.
Most RAdmin features seem to work properly, but yes, would be nice to know which PCs are running RAdmin Server 2.xx or above. Even if it's the default 4899 port, or you could tell IP Scanner which port(s) to search for RAdmin Servers.
Can't Telnet into remote RAdmin Servers.
Remote Windows 7 32bit showed computer name properly at first, then it would only show WORKGROUP after re-scanning. Changed the name on the PC, rebooted, re-scanned, and it showed up properly this time.
Just installed it and ran fine on XP 32 bits.

Just a few suggestions,
1- It would be nice to be able to export the results in csv format and be able to choose which colunm to export.
2- Add ssh to the available connect method.

Thanks
Program install on Win 7 Pro. it seems to run fine, WOL works on all my networked computers.
Only comment so far is the GUI does not remember the column width settings
I installed the new beta version on a Windows 7 64 bit computer.
I also use the previous version of the IP Scanner.

Until now all works fine.
I got one Asus C90S laptop on Windows 7 32 to WOL from sleep mode only. Checked the BIOS to enable WOL, as well as Power Management tab in Device Manager/Network Adapter(s) on all PCs with various versions of Windows. Was monitoring port UDP/9 to listen for WOL magic packets, but it did not see any coming over the LAN. Dell Latitude D610 Win XP-Pro 32/SP3 won't WOL, Abit FPIN-9 Win 7/64 Ultimate wont WOL. My understanding of the magic packet is that it is a packet with six bytes of all "1"s, then the MAC Address repeated 16 times. Per Wikipedia: The magic packet is a broadcast frame containing anywhere within its payload 6 bytes of all ones (FF FF FF FF FF FF in hexadecimal), followed by sixteen repetitions of the target computer's 48-bit MAC address.
I downloaded a magic packet sender/listener, and tried sending it with that, and again, only the 1 laptop in sleep mode would WOL.
Greg Salyer wrote:
I loaded the new code on my Windows 7 system. Everything seemed to work ok. It would be nice if the installer created an icon on the desktop (perhaps asking first). I did a scan which found several other computers (I check later if it got them all). I noticed that by expanding the status field I could open windows explorer for the C drive on some computers but not all even though by directly running windows explorer (outside of the scanner) I could see the C drive.

I am having the same issue. I ran the scan several times and it was inconsistent. Sometime the status field for a computer had the expansion Triangle and the next time it would not. I could go to start run and \\computer name\c$\ and access them all but the program had less than half of them showing I could access the hidden shares.
I am running on win 7 64 bit in a 2003 AD single forest domain. 95 percent of Desktops are XP PRO SP2. Looks like the issue with the status expansion not working is mostly on desktop OS's. I will test further but server OS's seems to show all shares hidden or otherwise.
Edited: Stacey Cline 10/28/2010 15:16:21
Stacey Cline
Installed without any issues.... Using WinXP Pro SP3

Didn't show name on 192.168.0.1 router

Would like to see list of all IP's including DEAD ones

Would like to see a column indicating which computers have RADMIN server installed running and if there are any active connections also showing the IP connected to.

Wish there was a way to show wireless IP's attached to network like iPhone.. I know I can get this off my router table....

Would like to see what OS is being reported on the IP

Definitely needs to scan HTTPS

I agree with above that column width settings should be remembered.

Software looks great! I use the other version all the time... Looking forward to new one.
Installed without problems on XP SP3 on my home network.
Found all devices including TIVO, FIOS set top boxes, routers, Windows PCs, Linux PCs. Returned IP and MAC of powered down PCs.
Adding comments to favorites is a nice feature.
Will start testing in the lab at the office and report back later.
Thank your for your help!

I will collect all bug reports and requests from all forums at monday and will send current version for development. Upon implementing all that is needed we will put a new version here alongside with a change list.
Best regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech
Installed and launched with no problems, running XP. Quickly found all my workstations and routers. Occasionally freezes for a few seconds during some operations, but releases itself so no real problem. Plenty of options for my (at this time simple) needs.
Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 Next