Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5
  Views: 52649Topic:: «Advanced IP Scanner 2.0 Beta Testing since October 27, 2010, We invite you to become a Famatech software beta tester!» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Installed on a Windows 7 Ultimate X64

After the installation i did a test with scanner and it shows the machines names, IP etc. etc.

• Some logged in usernames are showing up, but on the machine that was used with the IP scanner was not showing up. But it was showing the VMWARE username but not the current logged in user.

• The scanner was used from a domain workstation and the scan results did only show the NetBIOS name from the domain controller and no other domain system

• After I changed in the option on the performance tab “fast scan High CPU Usage” to full I did a new scan but was not faster and it was not using more CPU or less.

• When the next scan was ready it still didn’t show the NETBIOS Names, but I selected a workstation to expand ( the one with the scan software installed and I could access some drive letter with admin share (Sample C$). But this machine has network drive letters to ( DFS system from the domain controller)and these are not accessible ( error no right or machine is not ready)

• Using the shutdown and reboot option are great, Shutdown and the option force are working fine and cancel shutdown to. The reboot option was not working on this system. I will tested alter on a different machine.

• The tab “view” is working fine, no issues with expand all and Collapse all

• The buttons “IP”and “C”are working fine and IP is showing exactly all of the IP ranges of my network ( I use more than one – VMWARE can make differed subnet mask ) The C shows only the local subnet.

• service discovery doesn’t show every common installed services like SMTP/POP secure POP/VPN/RDP/ ETC.ETC

• After the scan is complete and selecting a device ( IP printer ) only available common service must be selectable and all other service’s non selectable.

Greetings from the Netherlands
Leon
Installed onto Win-XP SP-3

LAN is a Peer-to-Peer of PC's
used as Test and/or Process Controllers, some are Win-2K OS.

= First RUN: =

I clicked the Advanced IP Scanner 2.0 Beta (PGRM) Icon

PGRM opened and auto-filled my IP Range

I pressed SCAN (everything let at default)

PGRM started to fill in the Display with a Scan List,
1 at first, then quickly to about 20 or so.

PGRM %-Bar at 5%. then FAULTED.

(I have captured the images of the Application Error msg boxes)
First Error:
".. The Instruction at "0x7855ac08" referenced memory at "0x12de88f4".
The memory could not "read". .."
[more recorded images I'll forward to your E-mail]

= Second RUN: =

I clicked the Advanced IP Scanner 2.0 Beta (PGRM) Icon

PGRM opened and auto-filled my IP Range

I pressed SCAN (everything let at default)

PGRM started to fill in the Display with a Scan List,
1 at first, then quickly to 21 - (looks the same as 1st run)

PGRM %-Bar at 1%; seemed to be HUNG, then FAULTED.

(I have captured the images of the Application Error msg boxes)
First Error:
".. The Instruction at "0x7855ac08" referenced memory at "0x12440808".
The memory could not "read". .."
[more recorded images I'll forward to your E-mail]

= stopped testing for now =

Email that I will send to Famatch at
op@famatech.com
will have the SUBJ as:
SLB_TstData_101223
with a Word.doc attachment of the images.
Famatech software beta tester_101223.docx

Steve
Jeff Farmer wrote:
I'm hooking up an AV Receiver later this week so will retest after that.

IP Scanner found the receiver with no problems. However, it is hard to tell which entry is which device since a lot of items on my network don't return a name.
As I mentioned earlier it would be nice to have a way to add a name when one is not available.

Also as others have mentioned it would be nice to be able to print the list. Or at least save it to a file for use in Word or Excel.

I am running on Windows 7, 64 Bit on a Gateway laptop.
The install yesterday went perfect. No problems at all.
Installed Advanced IP Scanner v2 Beta on a xp machine sp3, installed ok, netscan was accurate with the previously noted router glitches,

I have a win98se machine with server version 2.0 running that I cannot access via the drop down menu error reported of: Program run error, No Radmin instillation found.

launching radmin viewer 3.2 works fine and is able to connect with the win98se machine.

My antivirus software kept disabaling radmin server on my other machines so its the only pc left that i can test on sorry.
Edited: Chris Reed 12/23/2010 22:10:26
spelling man really get wif it <--- see
Installed perfectly but not showing all IPs on network and not showing all open ports. Is showing https but have multiple IPs answering on http and not showing up.
D-loaded program and instlled correctly. Fixed the need to uninstal older version. Ran the program multiple times and received the same results (fixed). Attempted to explore systems and took a very long time (first time) to connect and open explore until I restarted program. Before the first restart, I mistakenly started a second scan with the same settings. The scan never did quit and I finaly had to restart the IPscanner. There is a need to save the default option for RADMIN connections (screen res etc.).
Well; I just did a quick recheck on the reliable results on each scan. Still not getting a consistant set of results. Very variable.
Edited: Craig Honorof 12/26/2010 23:47:03
Variable results on various Windows platforms, XP-SP3, W7-32, W7-64. Sometimes the re-scan corrects it. Sometimes not.

When you double-click a found radmin server, it defaults to an HTTP connection rather than opening RAdmin for that serve

The workstation names are no longer being cut off at 14 characters.

The scan seems to not happen in numeric order at first. They get sorted after, but it doesn't seems to be scanning xxx.xxx.xxx.1 to xxx.xxx.xxx.255 in order.

Wireless/Wired routers on home network correctly showing their names now.

Will continue to test and report any issues.
Local discovered RAdmin server lets you open the local RAdmin server and gets stuck in infinite screen loops. Shouldn't let you open the RAdmin viewer for the local RAdmin server.

This was fun trying to get out of...
Hi,

http traffic impossible while scanning (the task advanced_ip_scanner.exe is running), also ftp traffic hangs, it looks like the hole TCP-IP is overloaded.

Also the external ip sniffer sees no traffic anymore.

When stopping the scan and kill the the task advanced_ip_scanner.exe
slowly normal traffic is comming up again.

Also when clossing the application the task advanced_ip_scanner.exe is still running n background. (Windows XP SP3)

Regards,

Anroy
Installed V2 Beta on Windows 7 64 bit onCompaq 8510W

No problems so far, but I will post should run into any.

One feature request: Maybe I missed it, but I would like to see an option for hibernating a remote machine added.

Thanks!

ad
The more I test this version, the buggier it seems. Much worse than the previous Beta version.

Running on WinXP-Pro SP-3, does not display router name or + sign in front of it anymore to open the HTTP page. Also, does not show the + sign in front of a known Radmin Server running on Win7-64 Ultimate. I can right-click on it and go to the RAdmin-Full Control. Radmin Viewer takes a long time to open, even though it's installed locally on the machine. Does not remember the default User Name for the RAdmin, even though I am checking the box. Even after logging into RAdmin, it also takes a long time to actually show the Full Control screen.

Several Re-Scans have no affect. Same results. Missing the sub-info (+) for almost everything running on the LAN, except for the local machine. That has the expand/collapse +/- in front of it. In fact, the expand (+) button shows up in the initial scan, then disappears after the full scan. Tried both settings in the Option screen for Accurate/Slow, etc. No effect.

Thought of Uninstalling the scanner and re-installing it, but I don't think that would make any difference.
For some reason the Scanner cannot detect all the devices I have on my network. Missing is a CMS-16 by wti (http://www.wti.com/guides/cmsguide.pdf) that has a static IP, is ping-able and shows up in the router log as attached and active device.

Please let me know if you need further information.
It seems to work fine except for detecting IP addresses connected to my router but not in my network. This would be a very handy feature to have. Detecting wireless might be a different problem.
Dave Hearn wrote:
It seems to work fine except for detecting IP addresses connected to my router but not in my network. This would be a very handy feature to have. Detecting wireless might be a different problem.

The Scanner detects my wireless devices just fine: various laptops, different generation iPod touches.
Hi,
some topics here:

Shut down
Feature wish: If the machine which shall be shutdown is the machine where "Advanced IP scanner" is running, in this case a special warning dialog should come up - would be friendly (personal experience ...).

Under "Setting"/"Options" the "Scan for resources" can be selcted, "Radmin" is available there. I think it would be great and iinformative if "Radmin" is also available as a column in the main window.

Buttons "IP" and "C": It is not possible to see what is the status of this buttons. I would like it if they show their status after they were pressed, like switches. But they don't, not so user friendly for me.

Help describes under "Documentation"/"Options" some Ping features. I do not find that in the program. There under "Options" I find "Performance", and "Ressources", but not these ping features.

Under "Operations" an option "Radmin" is available, also if Radmin is not installed on that machine. I propose to grey out this feature when it is not usable.

Checking my private network:
- "Advanced IP scanner" shows my router, but not the shared USB stick which is connected to the router (Bug: An other network scanner is able to show it).
- It shows my NAS (QNAP) with shared folders, and the network laser printer (Lexmark), and the TV (Loewe). OK.
- Advanced IP scanner did not recognize one pc, doesn't matter how often I re-scanned the network (sorry to say this but the other network scanner found it immediatelly).
All machines were inside 192.168.178.1-34.
OS on all pc's was XP or Vista, the missing one is a XP machine.
Speed of "Advanced IP scanner": normal.

Installation: No problems, nevertheless I personally prefer programs which do not need an installation, and I do not believe that an installation is really necessary.

In my eyes the biggest advantage of "Advanced IP scanner" is - if you build in that feature - that it could show the status of Radmin on the scanned machines.

Thank you,
and I wish you some good decisions for the final version :-)
Beta testing of Advanced IP Scanner 2.0 Beta 2 is closed. We are grateful for your feedback. Active participants will receive Radmin licenses this week.
Release coming soon.
Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5