How to use Remote Administrator to connect through a Cable Modem & Linksys Router
***** This walkthrough uses Windows XP Home, a Cable Modem and Linksys Wireless G Router (WTR54G) *****
1) Click START
2) Open CONTROL PANEL
3) Click NETWORK CONNECTIONS
4) Richt-click on your LAN Connection
5) Click PROPERTIES
6) Click on INTERNET PROTOCOL (TCP/IP)
7) Click on PROPERTIES
Click USE THE FOLLOWING UP ADDRESS
9) Use the following settings:
IP Address: 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
10) Click USE THE FOLLOWING DNS SERVER ADDRESSES
Preferred DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
11) Click OK
12) Click OK
13) Open Internet Explorer
14) Type http:// 192.168.1.1
15) Leave username BLANK, password is admin
16) Click APPLICATIONS & GAMING
17) Fill in the first row as follows:
Application: Remote Admin
IP Address: 192.168.1.3 (you only need to enter the 3)
18) Click SAVE SETTINGS
19) Click STATUS
20) Make a note of your IP ADDRESS
21) Simply use that IP address when you use the Remote Administrator Viewer
***** How does it work? - Any request to your IP address to port 4899 will be routed by your Linksys router to the PC that has the Remote Admin Server running on it *****
Owain, Owain, I'm lost!
I've read many messages trying to figure out my probem, but i couldn't do anything. I'm simply trying to connect.
I have the radmin server on a PC that is connected to a linksys (BEFW11s4)
I don't understand which IP address I have to put in my remote to get to my server PC. For what I understand, I have an IP from my server provider 18.104.22.168 (let's say), and I have an IP from my linksys router that is the tipycal 192.168.1.101.
Which one I have to use to connect from the remote?. Because with the one of the service provider 22.214.171.124 an error message says connecion maybe closed due to IP filter settings If I put the 192.168.1.101 it can't connect.
I already did the fowarding to 4899 4899 enabled it, etc.
Another thing is that the dynamic routing is checked on working through GATEWAY and not through ROUTER. Has that aything to do with the problem?
Finally when I plug my service provider directly to the PC, radmin works.
1) On your PC open RAdmin Server and look at the settings.
Note which port RAdmin Server is listening on. (default is 4899)
2) Open Windows Control Panel, Windows Firewall, and add an exception for both the RAdmin.exe program and also add an exception for whatever port you're using (found in step 1).
3) Open Internet Explorer and browse to 192.168.1.1 (or whatever your Linksys router LAN IP is). Go into the Advanced Routing tab, and enable PORT FORWARDING or PORT MAPPING. If using PORT FORWARDING then you need to forward the port # that RAdmin is listening on so that it can connect to whatever IP your PC is (192.168.1.100 or whatever). I'd suggest PORT MAPPING because then you don't need the PC IP address, you just open the port to any PC on the LAN.
4) Make sure that RAdmin Server is running and security is setup for USER ID and PASSWORD.
ON YOUR REMOTE COMPUTER:
Open RAdmin Viewer. Make a new connection to 126.96.36.199 (or whatever your external IP is).
Basco Shower Enclosures