Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 7053Topic:: «Importing phonebook in new 3.0, Importing phonebook - 3.0 client to 3.0 communication client» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
I have used RAdmin 3.0 viewer for quite a while, and have a lot of computers defined. I now installed the new 3.0 communication client, and discovers that the phonebook is not possible to import... Is there a trick to allow importing of the old 3.0 phonebook into the new 3.0?
I would also like to be able to import my 200+ servers from my RAdmin 2.2 viewer into 3.0.

PLEASE!
I would also like to be able to import my 200+ servers from my RAdmin 2.2 viewer into 3.0.

1. Close Radmin Viewer 3.0.

2. Find radmin.rpb file using Start->Search.

3. Radmin.rpb is Radmin 3.0 phonebook file. It is most probably empty now - unless you've already entered some hosts. Delete this file.

4. Run Radmin Viewer 3.0. Program will not find radmin.rpb file and assume it's a first run.

If there's [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RAdmin\v2.0\Clients] Registry branch left from Radmin 2.x installation, Radmin Viewer 3.0 will prompt you to import the phonebook.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Is there a trick to allow importing of the old 3.0 phonebook into the new 3.0?

Radmin Communication Client and Radmin Viewer are completely different program designed for different purposes (First for exchange text messages while using either Text or Voice Chats and second for remote administrating as a part of Radmin). So it is not possible to import phonebook from Radmin Viewer to Radmin Communication Client.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
I think that the point is that we who have been using the RAdmin Viewer 3 [rviewer3.exe] for some time, currently have our phone books in that format.

We exported those phone books, installed the latest RAdmin Viewer 3, and cannot import those phone books.

Are you saying that the new RAdmin Viewer 3.0b1 [rview30b1.exe] will not ever be able to read the previous RAdmin Viewer 3 phone books ?

If so, can we export in some format that the new viewer will read ?

I have been an RAdmin user since 2001, and the RAdmin Viewer 3 was a great improvement that allowed me (us) to organize our connections. That work (several hundred items) is lost if we cannot import them from the previous v3 format.
Pages: 1