Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 6002Topic:: «Also should be added..., More featuers to enhance RCS» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
1) Some sort of notification in the task bar that there is new chat activity. I would like to be able to minimize the chat and be notified when there is a new message.

2) Instant messenging features that look like AIM or Yahoo. The user could login and have a buddy list for private instant messengees, or join the chat room.

3) It doesn't look like it's possible to copy text from the the chat room. This is a very standard option that should be implemented. If this is a security vulernability, please consider adding copy and paste as an option in the server settings, so server administrator can disable/enable at their own risk.

4) Please don't forget about the security options that I mentioned in my other posts, those I feel are critical!

Thanks!

Pat
Please use http://www.famatech.com/support/testing.php to report bugs and suggestions.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
1) Some sort of notification in the task bar that there is new chat activity.

I agree this is a must-have feature and as I believe release version wil have it.

2) Instant messenging features that look like AIM or Yahoo. The user could login and have a buddy list for private instant messengees, or join the chat room.

You can use user list as buddy list.

We will consider redesigning user list.

3) It doesn't look like it's possible to copy text from the the chat room.

It is possible. Just select the text with your mouse to copy the text to the clipboard.

4) Please don't forget about the security options that I mentioned in my other posts, those I feel are critical!

OK, thanks for suggestions.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Thanks for considering my suggestions.

You're right, it is possible to copy text in RCS, however, you have to drag and hold the mouse over the text. I did not realize this before, I dragged and released the mouse button which de-selected the text. So I guess that works, I'm not complaning smile:)

That form you posted looks more like a bug report form than a suggestions form. Is it okay that I report suggestions in the forum so we can get feedback?

Thanks
It would also be nice if there was an option for a user to change their password in the RCS viewer. Perhaps this could be a feature that shows up in the viewer after the user has succesfully logged in. This way the administrator can assign generic passwords to all users and the users can change their passwords to what they want so it's confidential.
Another nice feature, which I think would be a big challenge for Famatech programmers, would be to add a real-time video function that would work through firewalls.This way, video conferencing could be established from different corporate locations without having to forward ports on the router.
Is it okay that I report suggestions in the forum so we can get feedback?

It's OK, but only bug report form can guarantee that your suggesting will be seen by our development team.

You can post your suggestions and bug reports both ways - this will maximize the effect.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
which I think would be a big challenge for Famatech programmers, would be to add a real-time video function that would work through firewalls

You are right, this would be a great challenge. That's why I can say for sure that the first release will not have video conferencing ability. However, we have already considered adding this feature to further versions.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
I like the suggestions noted in this thread. Very good points. I currently use a shareware chat program in my company. Here's a link to the developer's site: vnalex.tripod.com/en/index.htm. This program is loaded on our server and includes our remote sales team in a private IM-type environment. The program loads on startup on each computer and is present in the toolbar. A single click allows us to see who is connected. Instantaneous single or group chats allow us to communicate effectively. If your product included these features, I would switch to your product because I currently use Radmin so extensively. It seems your product is more oriented toward conferencing, which may be something I would utilize if the other capabilities were also included.

If anyone has suggested this in another thread, please excuse the redundancy.
Pages: 1