Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 6553Topic:: «Problems Installing Radmin 3.0 Beta, Not working properly» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Good Morning/Afternoon,

I have uninstalled my earlier version of remote admin 2.1 and have installed the trial beta version's of

- Remote Administrator (Radmin) Viewer 3.0 Beta.exe
- Radmin Communication Server 3.0 Beta.exe
- Radmin Communication Client 3.0 Beta.exe

Here is the problem I am experiencing...

When i try to connect to my test machine after installing the exact same software i get the problem
"Cannot connect to the server".

I can still connect to other machines in the office with the 2.1 server installed. If i install the 2.1 server on the test machine it allows me to connect. Is this a bug?

I have looked in the services and the "Radmin Communication Server" is started. I cannot FTP or anything to it.

Can you help
thanks,

Matt
You jumped the gun a bit. Radmin Communication Server 3.0 is NOT the next version of Remote Administrator. It's an entirely new product. It doesn't replace Radmin 2.1 in any way.

The Radmin 3.0 Viewer (Beta) is the only part of Radmin 3.0 currently in the field but it doesn't include any of the new promised functionality that will exist in the Radmin 3.0 Server component.

Famatech has also stated that this new application actually builds on top of functionality (extends functionality) that will be released in the new version.
matt smith wrote:
I have uninstalled my earlier version of remote admin 2.1 and have installed the trial beta version's of

- Remote Administrator (Radmin) Viewer 3.0 Beta.exe
- Radmin Communication Server 3.0 Beta.exe
- Radmin Communication Client 3.0 Beta.exe

Here is the problem I am experiencing...

When i try to connect to my test machine after installing the exact same software i get the problem
"Cannot connect to the server".

I can still connect to other machines in the office with the 2.1 server installed. If i install the 2.1 server on the test machine it allows me to connect. Is this a bug?

Matt

The communication server 3.0 uses a different default port than radmin 2.2. I believe it is 4389 or something similar. I don't use the default and have changed it and don't quite remember the default, but make sure you have your port forward, if used, configured accordingly and your setting in the viewer. I hope this helps.
Ok so basically we have the new viewer but it won't work unless the v2.1 or 2.2 server is installed?

Also is there a date that the final product will be released. I work for a large organization and we have purchased an enterprise licence for version 2.1 and spent quite a bit of money, will we get a free upgrade? Also how come it is taking so long, most companies give a date that they expect there product to be released by smile:?:

We are really looking forward to the option where you can lock the other users mouse and keyboard.

Will the beta viewer run out?

Thanks,

Matt
Also is there a date that the final product will be released

The final version of RCS will be released before September 1st, 2005.

You can expect the launch of commercial version of RCS in the middle of Summer 2005.

we have purchased an enterprise licence for version 2.1 and spent quite a bit of money, will we get a free upgrade?

You will have to purchase RCS separetly if you would like to continue using it.

As for Radmin, upgrades from Radmin 2.x to Radmin 3.x will be free for registered users.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Pages: 1