Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 17546Topic:: «Feature Request for Radmin Viewer 3» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
I would like to see an auto reconnect added to File Transfer. It is annoying to leave a connection for a bit and come back, only to need to close the app and reconnect for some reason. It would be nice if the process could reconnect itself (maybe requesting the password again if needed) and leave the paths the same.

Another feature that would be nice in File transfer, would be path memory. By this I mean some mechanism to allow you to return to a previously used path on both the local and remote machines to avoid needing to navigate to the location again.

Thanks.
Posted requests to http://www.famatech.com/support/testing.php
now, what I would like to see is not having to type my password time and again when i connect to my server.

when i am connected to my network at home there is nothing more irritating to log in with my password since i know that everything from my network is save. when i connect over the internet to my server however, i defintely need the password to protect the server from harm.

so basically...: is it possible to not let the server ask for a password when a connection is made from the local network, but to do indeed ask a password when a connection is made from the internet?

tia smile8)

btw: i am testing 3.0 for months now and think it is a major improvement against older version 2.1 (which i have been using - and still do - for years)..good job!!! smile:D
www.fabstar81.com
it possible to not let the server ask for a password

This is possible when using NT Security, but is not possible when using Radmin password (Radmin Viewer does not remember Server passwords for security reasons).

When the current user profile (the one you are logged under on the local machine) is added to Radmin's NT Security Permissions with proper rights on the remote machine, you won't be asked for username and password.

when a connection is made from the local network

Malicious users and viruses can be found even in small local networks.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
uhm...all my pc's run under windows XP...home and pro mixed under the clients. is what you are talking about possible with these OS's?
www.fabstar81.com
is what you are talking about possible with these OS's?

If you mean automatic logon using NT SEcurity, this is possible under WinXP Home & Pro.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
how exactly does that work?!
www.fabstar81.com
When the current user profile (the one you are logged under on the local machine) is added to Radmin's NT Security Permissions with proper rights on the remote machine, you won't be asked for username and password.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Wish-list for new version:

1. Logs in XML.

2. Hardcode all settings (password, tcp port, hide tray, password to lock settings, etc.) into the install so users can simply click install and we do not have to tell them what to do. Code this in an .ini file that we can alter as needed and use .msi files to push via group policies.

3. Automate global settings change from client software to multiple servers via settings change page and button.

4. Auto-reinstall and/or reactivation after 5 minutes, so it doesn't get disabled by accident or on purpose or antivirus, etc. kills it.

5. Web-based server (ActiveX) to auto-install server-only clients and place their IPs into a global list that support techs can access and download to their client software.
Logs in XML

Radmin Server 3.0 and Radmin Communication Server store their logs in HTML format, hope this suites you.

Hardcode all settings (password, tcp port, hide tray, password to lock settings, etc.) into the install so users can simply click install and we do not have to tell them what to do

Setting some kind of default password is a major security threat. A lot of users will carelessly keep default password, which is the same as setting no password at all and thus letting anyone in.

Moreover, all passwords should be unique, so hardcoded password is a very questionable idea.

There are default settings for TCP port (4899 is used by default) and hide tray icon (shown by default, since showing tray icon is more common practice).

Code this in an .ini file that we can alter as needed

This is already possible with Radmin 2.2. Radmin stores its settings in Windows Registry, so you can import/export settings via .REG file.

and use .msi files to push via group policies

This is possible as well. You can include your custom .REG file to the MSI package.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Yes its possible

Open control panel on the computer(rviewer)
user accounts
Advanced tab
Manage password
add the password for the remote computer.
( in server give the ip addresss, username and password)
DONE
smile8) smile8) smile8) smile8) smile8)
Edited: tony joseph 04/28/2011 08:41:51
Hi,

Check the following information http://www.radmin.com/products/radmin/intel_amt_features.php

Hope this information helps you.