New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 5933Topic:: «RCS» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Do you still plan on releasing the final version of RCS before September 1st?
Yes, RCS release candidate (beta 2) should be published on September 1st, and commercial version will appear during September.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Sounds great. Good luck with it!
Pat,

RCS and RCC beta 2 (release candidate) are published at:

Radmin Communication Server beta 2 - http://www.radmin.com/download/rcmsrv30.exe

Radmin Communication Client beta 2 - http://www.radmin.com/download/rcmclt30.exe

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Excellent! Thanks for keeping me updated!
I like the new channel management features. However, I'm still not quite sure what the point of having operators are at this point. It seems all they can do is mute other users. Here are my suggestions/wishes:

* RCS is still a chat room rather than an instant messenging system. I think the client portion should be something similar to the yahoo messenger or aol instant messenger layout. The chat room portion should be able to be created from the "buddy list" portion. The "buddy list" portion might also have a corporate directory for adding other employees to their favorites (buddy list). Invitations to join a private chatroom channel could be sent using the corporate directory and/or by right clicking on a username in your "buddy list". Instant messeges should open as sepperate windows (or as tabbed windows if option is enabled).

* I would like there to be an option in the server settings to grant a user operator rights over the general channel and any other channel that is created. (Full administrator access).

* Operators should be able to kick users or ban users either for a set period of time of permanently.

* There should be an option in the server settings that allows for an account to be disabled.

* The default colors should be something a little bit more visible. Fluorescent green is tough on the eyes!

Great job so far! Hope these options can be implemented for the full release!

Pat
Pages: 1