Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 10741Topic: closed: «Remote admin Server 3, Release Date» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
What is the ETA for remote admin server 3? Are we talking weeks or months?
What is the ETA for remote admin server 3? Are we talking weeks or months?

Months - Radmin Server 3.0 should appear during March 2006.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Is there a timline for another release of the viewer (again weeks or months) the keyboard bug is starting to get really bothersome.
- Radmin Server 3.0 should appear during March 2006.

Are we walking a public Beta in March or you talking about the final product release date?
Are we walking a public Beta in March or you talking about the final product release date?

At least, beta version should be released.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Does this mean the final version will be released in March 2055?

My organization has purchased several copies of RAdmin and ,frankly, it's really starting to get annoying that the new version hasn't come out yet.

smile:evil: <---- Buhusky very frustrated!
You could do what I did and not buy the annual maintenance until there is a new release.
My organization was ready to buy a corporate license based on the presumption that the product was going to be upgraded to version 3.x in a short timeframe.

You've all heard this type of story before, most of you have lived it:
Back when they promised "3.0 really soon now", I presumed they were "working hard" on the new project. Little did I know that they were actually "hardly working" on it.

It appears that instead they were spending all this time working on the "Communication Server" project, which is now being beta-trialed...

When I heard, I went absolutely ballistic! I am so happy that I talked my company out of their decision to buy, because I refuse to provide a profit to a company that is not maintaining their "core" or flagship product.

When and if this company releases a stable version 3.0, only then will I offer my opinion to my company and clients that this product be purchased.
David Matson
Consultant, Freelance Writer, Product Reviewer
Moderator at MobilitySite, GPS Tuner
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices - Testing
Don't have a cow, man!

RAdmin 2.2 is still a great product, even if we've been waiting for 3.0 over a year now. I still strongly recommend RAdmin over competing products for many reasons, including ease of use, ease of installation, speed, compatibility, stability, and responsiveness.

While I understand your frustration, have you ever heard of the term, "Throwing the baby out with the bath-water"? I'm no more interested in Communication Server than you are. Like you said, their core product is RAdmin, and they should focus on that. But I'm still happy with 2.2, and I'll gladly use 3.0 when it's released.

So take a chill-pill, my man. Go remote control somebody with pcAnywhere, and maybe by the time you move the mouse RAdmin 3.0 will be out!
Thomas Dietrich
Network Administrator
Basco Shower Enclosures
I'm not having a cow. Just expressing my disdain for their business practices. And actually, I believe that it has been closer to three years that we've been waiting for version 3.0 to come out.

I never once said 2.2 was not a fine product. But when their original website said "Hurry and Buy 2.2 and you can get 3.0 when it comes out" seemed more like a ploy to increase sales while they spent their time working on other products.

RCS wasn't even a product when they were making that claim.

I think you would likewise be upset if one of your shower part vendors kept telling you that the one part they make was going to be upgraded someday soon, and a few years later (all the while you are thinking they are creating a great upgrade) they come out with an entirely different part that has nothing to do with your enclosures, and continue to tell you your specific part will be upgraded "soon".

So, with respect to you and your chill-pill, if I do not vent to the people who are responsible, how will they know what impact their delays are costing them (and me, their paying customer)?
David Matson
Consultant, Freelance Writer, Product Reviewer
Moderator at MobilitySite, GPS Tuner
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices - Testing
"RAdmin 2.2 is still a great product, even if we've been waiting for 3.0 over a year now."

How do you handle remote printing?
Just to point out an issue, the current build of the beta client was built in April of 05 (over 5 months ago now) and we still have not seen an update to it to correct the loss of keyboard issue.
Yet in the meantime they are pushing this new product out the door. Seems like all the resources are going to a product that will generate new sales, and not too much going to those of us who have purchased support contracts (and would get the upgrade for free).
I can't even get an answer on a timeline for the next release of the beta client. Feels like it could be quite a while before we see a final release.
I think they said there would at least be a beta version available for March 2006 (cebit).

I read a public apology somewhere on this forum telling us all how there were mistakes made with the 3.0 development/management and that after the 3.0 release all other updates are expected to roll out much faster.

Here's hoping

* How much is RAdmin 3.0 going to be when it's released?
They said they would have a beta of the server by March 2006, the beta of the client has been out for some time (and has some nice improvments). My point was that it appears the client is not being developed any further at all at this point (at least not very rapidly).
Pages: 1