Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 6605Topic:: «Event Log Entries, Connection entries show missing event description» on forum: Radmin 3.x Troubleshooting
when we look at the event viewer of our PC's we see entries such as this:

The description for Event ID ( 1001 ) in Source ( RServer3 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: <520> RServer3 2010.01.11 19:13 Connection from test.domain.local (192.168.1.35) (domain\User.Name): Remote Screen connection.

We want to track when RAdmin connections are made without all this verbage. What are we missing to resolve the "description ... cannot be found"?
Hello,

Just use Radmin log file.
What is the log file name, and where is it located?
Found it as c:\windows\system32\rserver30\radm_log.htm.

May I ask a question? Why did you choose to maintain the log file as an HTML file as opposed to a standard text-based log file?
No clues bro. I'll ask Dmitry Znosko smile:)
Any news on this one? I agree with Rick that the Event log information is terrible! It seems to actually be an error itself, rather than displaying a simple message such as "user xxx connected successfully". As it is, the whole thing is useless as a reporting tool. I'm surprised Radmin has been around for so many years and still not addressed this.

I also agree the log file should be text-based - like CSV or something that can be scripted to extract meaningful data from it. I can't think of any logging system that creates HTML output - as a primary format anyway.

Can you please sort out the Event log entry format? I can getting 2 different messages:

1> Event Type: Information
Event Source: RServer3
Event Category: (1515)
Event ID: 1001
Date: 16/11/2010
Time: 1:49:39 p.m.
User: N/A
Computer: AKxxxxx
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1001 ) in Source ( RServer3 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: <2608> RServer3 2010.11.16 13:49 Connection from WSxxx (172.xxx.xxx.25) ([our domain]\[user]): Remote Screen connection.

2> Event Type: Error
Event Source: RServer3
Event Category: (1515)
Event ID: 2002
Date: 16/11/2010
Time: 1:49:44 p.m.
User: N/A
Computer: AKxxxxx
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 2002 ) in Source ( RServer3 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: <3484> RServer3 2010.11.16 13:49 ThreadProc::WaitForMirrorState(ON) failed.

Thanks
Gary
You have an issue with Mirror driver, solution is in FAQ.

We plan to rework our log system, I've added your vote to our wishlist.
Pages: 1