Ok, logged in as Administrator on a new fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Retail (not beta or RC!)... cannot install.
It copies all the files, you see the "creating icons..." and then it sits at about 65% for about 4 seconds with the cursor doing its "busy thing". Then the progress bar jumps to 100% and goes in a downward motion all the way to 0%... the status says "Rolling back Actions..." and then it says it was completed with the following:
"The wizard was interrupted before Radmin Server 3.4 could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again."
No errors, no notifications, no pop-ups, no other information available, nothing! Now what? is my question!
AMD 955 Quad-Core
ASUS M4N78 Pro motherboard
8GB HyperX Pro RAM
NVidia integrated graphics (will be using this as a media/file server - no big vidcard needed!)
Windows 7 Ultimate edition retail with all updates.
Well, I am outta luck thus far... Any info/tips/suggestion would be great!
Local... I do find it interesting though that I have the exact same OS from the exact same disk installed on another PC and yet it works fine on that one.... I plan on reinstalling, but at the same time I would like to figure this one out as I see I am not the only one with this issue (I've recieved PM's asking if I've solved this yet), also to assist others in the future who may run into this...
You need to clear your driver cache(backuping these files):
1. Uninstall Radmin 3.x
3. Log in as Administrator (If you don't have an administrator login, ask your IT Specialist to do it)
4. Remove the "Read only" mark from this folder C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore
5. Follow these steps carefully
1. Boot from your Windows 7 CD and Click on "Repair your computer".
2. Open "Command Prompt". Enter C:
3. Enter CD \Windows\System32\DriverStore
4. Enter the following commands exactly
8. Install Radmin 3.4
1. What is the exact error message you are getting?
2. What operation systems are installed on both remote and local computers?
3. If you connect over the Internet to the remote PC inside LAN are you using any routers?
4. Can you ping the remote computer?
5. Is the default port 4899 for Radmin open or you've selected to open another port?
6. Is Radmin blocked by antivirus tools or firewalls (including XP built in)? (be sure to check)
7. Can you connect using other connection modes such as File Transfer or Text Chat?
Could you please provide the Radmin Server log file from the remote PC?
I'm also having the same problem.
Can someone post how I can clear the driver cache of XP SP3? Dave?
History: Radmin 3.4 run properly and I uninstall it to install Radmin 3.4 No Tray Icon. But then cames the fault with "The wizard was interrupted befor Radmin Server 3.4 could be completely installed". Now even the normal Radmin 3.4 Server Version cant be installed, cause of the fault writting before.
1. Uninstall Radmin 3.x
3. Go Start - Run - type "cmd" and in the opened window please type "sfc /purgecache".
5. Install Radmin 3.x locally
Dit that (not the 1st step, cause ramdin 3.x was not installed as written before), but the installation of Radmin is still canceled ("The wizard was...."), even after 3-4 reboots and cache cleaning. Any suggestions?
Please create 'Temp' folder on your hard drive (let's assume your hard drive is 'C:'). Download MSI Radmin Server from our web site and place it into created folder. Then use 'Start', 'Run' and execute 'cmd' command. Window with command prompt will appear, write following command inside it and press 'Enter':