Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 5452Topic:: «Hide Remote screen????, Remote loging question» on forum: Radmin 3.x Troubleshooting
I use Radmin 3.X to remote into my PC at the office and to remote into servers. Is there a way to keep the screen blank on the System I am logging into my concern is the I do not know who is potentially on the other end of the system I am working on. i was looking through other posts but I there are so many to go through.
This feature will be implemented in our next major release.
I'm suspecting i will not get an answer i will like but is it expected to be released this year? Also, that about upgrading from v3.x, will there be a cost?
We cannot provide such information yet.
This capability has been promised for at least 3-4 years. It was promised prior to when version 3.0 came out. tSearch the forum, if it goes back that far. I would not hold my breath for what I consider an essential feature.

I check back here every 6 months or so to see if Radmin has been updated to include screen blanking. And, since it is not, I am the proud owner of a dozen competing product licenses that offer both remote screen blanking and keyboard/mouse disabling.

It's unfortunate, since I can't deploy Radmin in many mission critical situations where we can't risk the remote screen being observed, and need to guarantee control of the mouse/keyboard. Windows Remote Desktop works fine for some of these, but for others I require an actual console session.

Why can't Radmin have this feature yet? Heck, I now have remote-access -- via the competing product -- from my Android phone(!) Pity.
Radmin will have it. Our next major release will cover 99% of our wishlist.
Nick A wrote:
I'm suspecting i will not get an answer i will like but is it expected to be released this year? Also, that about upgrading from v3.x, will there be a cost?

Two things youshoud know about Radmin:

1. It can take several YEARS for Radmin to release any minor/ major release.

2. They will not tell you ANY information about an estimated time of realase. When they did, in the past, they were off by a couple of years!
This is already possible in Remote Administrator 2.1. When there are no connections, RAdmin Server tray icon is blue. When connecetion session is active, RAdmin Server tray icon changes to red.
Martin Hopes wrote:
This is already possible in Remote Administrator 2.1. When there are no connections, RAdmin Server tray icon is blue. When connecetion session is active, RAdmin Server tray icon changes to red.

Martin, you misunderstand the issue. He isn't concerned about whether or not some remote machine is secretly connecting in to the machine he is sitting at. He wants to blank the screen on an unattended remote machine that he is connecting to because there is no way of knowing if someone is watching what he is doing on that remote machine.

For instance, I'm at home and want to connect in to an unattended accounting machine at my office. I do not want people walking around in the office to see private HR or accounting information on the screen of the machine being remoted. But there is no way to positively prevent this. Sure, you could try to remember to turn off the screen on the office accounting machine before you come home, but there is no guarantee that it is still off.

Every other remote-access software I use allows blanking of the remote screen as well as disabling keyboard & mouse input from the remote machine.

This capability has been promised by Famatech for, literally, years. Without it, the product has proven to be of limited usefulness. They obviously don't care, but I've been forced to spend more money on other non-Radmin remote access solutions than I ever spent on Radmin (and I own multiple licenses of Radmin).

I check back here every once in awhile to see if Radmin now has this basic, essential functionality that every other remote access product has. Take a look at my post above. Last time I was here was July, 2011. And this capability has been promised by Radmin "in the next version" for at least 3-4 years.
Edited: Mike Gotts 02/27/2012 11:12:42
Correction
Mike, what is another product that can do that? I also need it.
We will implement blank screen in the next major release (Radmin 4.x)
Pages: 1