Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

All user's messages
Forum::
Added::Select date in calendarSelect date in calendar

Author's messages in topic: 2
Topic: «Portable Viewer, New Feature Request» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
01/20/2006 06:10:19
Go to
That would do as a workaround.

Ideally though no files should be created on the computer.

Any changes to your phone book would also need to be copied back to the pen drive. Maybe 2 scripts - import and export.

I guess all that would need to be done is add an optional command switch that tells the viewer which phone book to use (default could still be the one under "application data").

I assume I am right in thinking you cannot connect to the server using a VNC viewer (albeit with limited functionality - never tried it, but I do have tightVNC viewer which works well off a pen drive - not as nice an interface though)
Posted:
01/18/2006 09:44:54
Go to
Hi,

It would be good if the RADMIN viewer (not the server) could be installed to a USB pen drive for use anywhere.

This would mean all viewer settings and server connection definitions would need to be stored in the program directory (and not elsewhere - like the registry for example).

Obviously connection passwords should never be saved.

I only ask as RADMIN 3 beta viewer is a seperate install and it would save having to install the viewer everywhere the server is installed and duplicate settings (so only required on the server if the server is the gateway to another network not accessible externally).

Hope this make some sense (idea came from using apps at portableapps.com and portablefreeware.com).
Pages: 1

Radmin 3.5 New!

Windows 8 Compatible

DOWNLOAD

Free for 30 days

BUY NOW

Only $49 per lifetime license
for  50 PCs - $29.8 per remote PC
for 100 PCs - $24.9 per remote PC
for 150 PCs - $23.3 per remote PC
from 200 PCs - $22 per remote PC
Follow us on Twitter
Famatech Corporation Copyright © 1999-2014 Famatech. All rights reserved.