All user's messages
Forum::
Added::Select date in calendarSelect date in calendar

Author's messages in topic: 1
Topic: «Minimise to an icon» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
08/27/2004 10:03:10
Go to
Wish list : When connecting to remote machine using full control an option to minimise the window to an icon.
Right now the window is minimised to the task bar, would be a good idea to have it minimised as an icon.
Topic: «Recent Dirs "remembered" by file-transfer-module» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
08/22/2004 13:57:12
Go to
Sounds like a Good idea
Topic: «Support of mouse scroller on remote machine» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
08/21/2004 07:22:38
Go to
Can you support the mouse scroller button when a user is logged to a remote machine using the Full control mode ?
Right the the mouse scroller does nothing...

Have a good day smile:)
Author's messages in topic: 2
Topic: «No Resume on file transfer of RAdmin v3» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
08/20/2004 15:21:06
Go to
Hi Ilia , I understand what you said but there's still exists a problem with what you said.
Take this scenario which happenned to me :
I was transferring using the file transfer and while the files were transferring my brother accidentaly dropped the switch so the network went down.
I closed the file transfer window
I reattached the switch
I reconnected using the file transfer mode
I marked the dir to transfer which contained within it :
(*) - some files which were already copied on the previous transfer
(**) - 1 file which wasn't fully copied
(***) - all the rest of the files which are needed to be copied )

In the scenario I described given the current available options :
Overwrite All - will recopy the files I marked above as (*) and would also do the same regarding (**) . Overwrite all in this case would be a wasting a lot of time because there was no real need to recopy the files I marked above as (*).

Skip all - Would skip the files I marked above as (*) but would also skip the file I marked above as (**) and that is a faulty behaviour in this case

Had there been a resume option :
It would have skipped the files I marked above as (*), would have resumed the file I marked as (**) and would copy the rest of the files marked as (***) and that is the expected behaviour a user looks for.

The "Delta copy" You've mentioned above would still consume more time than a simple comparison of file sizes which would be done with a resume option as in : if ( ( size(copied file) < size(file which needs to be copied )) then RESUME else SKIP

Thanks in advanced,
Z-Matrix
Posted:
08/20/2004 12:33:09
Go to
On the file transfer mode when you try to copy a file which already exists you got only 2 choices, Either to overwrite the file or to skip it.
What about an option to RESUME the file transfer ?

I've just transfered dvd files of size 50Mb on the LAN, it got halt on the 16th file and I remarked the dir to transfer.
To overwrite the files wasn't a suited option because it'll overwrite the whole files I copied until now which is something which will just ***** my time and to choose the skip option isn't good either because the 16th file was incomplete, therefore a resume is necessary.

Thanks in advacned
Author's messages in topic: 6
Topic: «Connect on local network with no password» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
08/20/2004 15:08:55
Go to
Thanks for the reply and I understand the logic behind what you're saying, you simply dont want to give an unexperienced user the ability to misconfigure radmin in a way that may cause him damage.
In my home network it could have been useful but you're right, in bigger networks someone unexperienced could cause damage to himself.
Posted:
08/20/2004 12:28:54
Go to
And btw, think about it... if the OS itself support that kind of feature so how insecure is it ?
In window XP for example you set up the network and choose which folders to share and you have the ability to log to the shared dirs WITHOUT using a password. Its allowed within the network neighborhood , access from the internet is blocked.
So if the OS itself support such a samiliar feature...
Posted:
08/20/2004 12:18:45
Go to

Z Matrix wrote:
an option 'Shut down computer when transfer is done' Would also be nice...

Why not just connect in Shutdown mode "when transfer is done"? It allows shutdowning the server in two clicks.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Famatech Technical Support

hehe smile:)
Why not to connect in shutdown mode and shotdown the server ?
Because I already went to sleep smile:)
I get slow speed in here in radmin for some reason eventhough my network is 100mbit - I should check if its radmins bug or a problem on my side.
Anyway, I copy for example 4Gb from a server computer to a client and because the speed I get is very low such a transfer might take hours so in that case I'd like to auto shutdown either the server or the client...

Thanks in advanced
Posted:
08/20/2004 12:14:04
Go to

Z Matrix wrote:
Is it possible to have an option 'Allow connections from local network without password'

No, this would be too insecure.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Famatech Technical Support

Hi Ilia , some users ( Like me ) use radmin on their small HOME network so I see nothing insecure about connecting on the LAN with no password as internet access is blocked to the radmin server and only connection from within the LAN is allowed.
What is insecure about it ?

And besides, it is obvious that some user will find it useful to use on their home network so why not make an option of it ? a person can activate it on if he wants to and off if he doesn't want it - in this case I think security is up to the costumer to decide.
Thanks in advanced
Posted:
08/19/2004 15:01:44
Go to
btw, an option 'Shut down computer when transfer is done' Would also be nice...
Posted:
08/19/2004 13:46:48
Go to
Greetings,
I run a local area network at home of 3 computers and to be honest it is quite annoying to always type the password of the computer which I regularily log to using full control.
Is it possible to have an option 'Allow connections from local network without password' ?
Thanks in advanced smile:)
Author's messages in topic: 2
Topic: «Multiple users/passwords and permission types» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
08/20/2004 12:24:51
Go to
Great, Thanks smile:D
Posted:
08/19/2004 15:05:19
Go to
Right now the radmin server supports only 1 password as much as I know. What about making it support a lot of users/passwords so when a user would like to login he'll have to put in user/pass and he'll have his permissions accordinaly?

For example , set user Z-Matrix with password Z-Matrix and let him have permissions for the file transfer for directory C:\ and dont give him delete permissions.

set user Z-Matrix2 with password Z-Matrix2 and give him full permission.

And etc. and etc.

That would take radmin to a new level,
what do you developers think ?
Topic: «Auto Sync/Share Directories» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
08/19/2004 15:16:49
Go to
I'll start with an example of what I do with my LAN so that would give a better idea about the reason why I ask the following feature.

I Have 3 computers connected on a LAN through a switch and one of the computers is connected 24/7 and is connected to the internet.
When I want to d/l something which will take a long time to d/l I log remotely to the computer which is on 24/7 and I start the d/l through it.
The day after when I turn my computer again I log remotely to that computer and use the file transfer to d/l all which was downloaded during the night so that brings me to the feature I'm about to suggest.
To have the ability to make certain dirs with 'Share and sync this directory with computer x, y, z on the network' , what this feature should do is this :
Lets say you choose the dir C:\some-shared-directory\ and mark it with the feature I've suggested above so then whenever one of the computer x, y, z is connected to the LAN an automatic file transfer will begin and copy the files in C:\some-shared-directory\ to the other computer.
Topic: «A Password for loading the v3.0 viewer ?, Set a pass on radmin instead of doing so for each account» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
08/10/2004 22:45:38
Go to
To the developers hello,
I've got 3 suggestion :

I've been using Radmin Viewer v3 ( the latest beta ) and I wanted to suggest the following thing :
Right now when I use it and want to log to a computer on my network I got to type in my password everytime I log into it. What do you think about an option to implement a password so I'll have to type it whenever I run the radmin viewer and once the password is typed I wouldn't have to type any password for each computer I'd like to log into. Of course the password of each account will have to be saved with the account and encrypted so no one could find it out.

Also, a minor thing I'd like to suggest is that when using the file transfer in the v3.0 viewer can you make it support drag & drop so a user can simply drag something from the hd into the file transfer window ?

Another minor suggestion is that when using the file transfer and while copying a file so it'd tell what is the transfer speed. ( for example : 2.5 Mb / s )

Thanks in advanced and waiting for your reply smile:)
Pages: 1

Radmin 3.5 New!

Windows 8 Compatible

DOWNLOAD

Free for 30 days

BUY NOW

Only $49 per lifetime license
for  50 PCs - $29.8 per remote PC
for 100 PCs - $24.9 per remote PC
for 150 PCs - $23.3 per remote PC
from 200 PCs - $22 per remote PC
Follow us on Twitter
Famatech Corporation Copyright © 1999-2014 Famatech. All rights reserved.