Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

All user's messages
Forum::
Added::Select date in calendarSelect date in calendar

Author's messages in topic: 1
Topic: «Advanced IP Scanner 2.0 Beta Testing since October 27, 2010, We invite you to become a Famatech software beta tester!» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
10/29/2010 06:35:10
Go to
Thank your for your help!

I will collect all bug reports and requests from all forums at monday and will send current version for development. Upon implementing all that is needed we will put a new version here alongside with a change list.
Best regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech
Topic: «bug in the release version 3.0 of the viewer, bug in the release version 3.0 of the viewer» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
02/07/2007 05:21:14
Go to
Another bug in 3.0 final.... When I click on View... Details, none of the connections show. Icons, small icons, and list all work, but nothing I can do will show details, my preferred choice.

Try to resize items in the list's header. Some weird windowing operations can reduce corresponding column's width to zero, effectively hiding content - it's Microsot Windows intended behavior. Just move your mouse inside a header and see if mouse pointer changes to 'horizontal resize'.
Topic: «New features» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
07/17/2006 02:20:19
Go to
Of course we have internal roadmap for features to be tested in beta versions and included in release version. Unfortunately, such roadmap is not public.

You can easily view multiple pc's screens by creating multiple 'view only' connections and using 'zoom' mode to place reduced size viewers windows at your desktop.
Topic: «encryption» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
05/15/2006 10:15:38
Go to
Encryption adds ~5% to CPU usage (this means if CPU usage was 1% it will became 1.05%, not 6%) on both client and server side. Encryption adds NOTHING to network bandwidth.

Encryption can't be turned off by security reasons. We fully understood that someone may like to have 5% less CPU usage on client or server computer, but we also cares of corporate users. If ability to disable encryption is given, corporate users will surely use it, and after they are sucesfully 'hacked' they will claim that this is becouse our software is unsecure. So encryption can't be disabled for good.

Same goes for password. Again, we fully understood that it's very boring to enter password every time you want to connect. But if we allow to save password, users will surely save them on public accessed computer, in internet cafes etc. And, again, after 'hack' all claims will be to us that 'our software is unsecure'.

Radmin is positioned as secure corporate solution, so we just can't afford to enable options like 'remember password so anyone can access remote computer' and 'turn encryption off so anyone on my network can monitor my actions'.
Topic: «Radmin 3.0 speed?, is it so amazing or did i miss something ?» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
05/12/2006 08:34:51
Go to
Hello.

Radmin 3.0 uses completely different engine based on latest 'mirror driver' technology. All code, mechanics and protocols are highly optimized. We do not have any tests yet, but new version actually can be more than 10 times faster compared to very fast Radmin 2.2. Not sure it can suprass Terminal Service - it is really theoretically impossible. But terminal service is a different kind of product, it can not be used to connect existing sessions.
Author's messages in topic: 2
Topic: «RADMIN 3 Betta 1, testing issues» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
05/12/2006 07:51:24
Go to
Of course release version will maintain backward compatibility with Radmin Server 2.1 and 2.2. We just disabled this feature for beta testing in order to get clean testing results.

Radmin Server 3.0 have much more advanced functionality. It may not be visible by first glance, but it is. The communication layer between Radmin Viewer and Radmin Server was rewritten and greatly evolves during the years of development. Release version of Radmin Viewer 3.0 will support older Radmin Server in 'compatibility mode', using old communication protocol.
Posted:
05/12/2006 06:17:27
Go to
Of course, following updates will be made during beta testing:

- We will add ability to show / hide remote window toolbar
- We will activate get/set clipboard feature
Topic: «"Connect through host" feature, Important missing feature (exists in v2.1)» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
03/28/2005 03:12:03
Go to
Can you please describe the situation where "port forwaring" is not acceptable, but "connect through" is acceptable? It's very strange for me to hear that such situation really exists.
Posted:
03/25/2005 05:49:37
Go to
Note, that you can easily configure "port forwarding" on intermediate computer for same effect. I will consult our marketing department and try to write you why "connect through" feature was not enabled in this beta version release.
Topic: «PHONEBOOK, IMPORTING TO CS CLIENT FROM VIEWER 3.0» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
03/28/2005 02:56:50
Go to
Beta version does not support importing from Radmin Viewer phonebook. We are planning to add such feature in release version.
Topic: «All is great but...» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
03/28/2005 02:47:30
Go to
Custom installation is in our wish list, but i'm not sure that it will be implemented in current release version. For enterprise-level, custom installation can be done by company itself within 10 minutes with all required settings etc using freeware tools.

Encryption is very optimized and takes only 5% of network bandwidth, so it's ok.

Please, check that "voice quality" setting for BOTH server and client are set to macimum. This may be your issue with poor voice quality.
Posted:
03/25/2005 05:55:15
Go to
Note that "skype" is "IP phone" and Radmin Communication Server is LAN chat system. This products have different goals and different markest. Yes, Radmin Communication Server is more complex since it's initially designed to support scalability and is ready to serve different purposes from simple peer-to-peer chat to virtual conference and lectures.
Unfortunately, conference system is always more complex then phone - this is a drawback from functionality.

Voice quality is most probably a beta version issue and will be fixed in release version.

So, i can suggest you to wait for release version before comparing Radmin Communication Server to other products.

You can also help us greatly by sharing your vision of product weak points with us. We are trying to implement our products according to our users needs, so your comments are welcome.
Topic: «Centralised Radmin remote / chat entries?» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
03/28/2005 02:19:37
Go to
I don't completely understood your question -sentence "database to remote control" can't be translated smile:(.

As far as i understood, you want to have a centralized address book so many support machines can have shared remote computers descriptions. Such feature is supported by Radmin Communication Client and Radmin Viewer 3.0. Please, read manual for details.

If i misunderstood your question - feel free to replay in this topic and write your question more detailed
Topic: «Marketing aspects, Usage VS Functions» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
03/25/2005 05:47:35
Go to
Note, that Radmin Communication Server is just a part of Radmin 3.0 that was completed after Viewer 3.0. It was released as stand-alone product for multiple reasons, for example - to test a new Radmin 3.0 core, security, encryption etc. Radmin Communication Server is based on Radmin 3.0 technology and uses all new and improved code.
Topic: «Backwards compatble?» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
03/25/2005 05:42:39
Go to
We are planning to port our products to other OS like Mac OS or Windows CE. But this is a distant feature plans.
Topic: «Feature Requests, For suveilance application of Famatech products.» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
03/25/2005 05:34:55
Go to
We are considering adding streaming video support to Communication Server, but these are long-time plans and first release version will be text+audio only.

Note, that using am open protocol such as H263 will result in security dropping, since most video streaming protocols' security is much weaker than native Radmin Security and encryption. Radmin is a SECURE solution, so if we would add a streaming video support, we will use our own secure protocol.
Topic: «Repackaging the RAdmin 3 series installation packages, A RAdmin 3 mirror driver issue...» on forum: Network management general discussion
Posted:
05/22/2008 08:12:28
Go to
May I threat the RAdmin 3 mirror driver as a usual windows device driver with all limitations and possibities or do I need extra precaution here?

Yes you can. You can also look into MSI custom actions table for our custom actions that install and uninstall Radmin mirror driver.
Topic: «Shutdown really?» on forum: Free Network Utilities by Famatech
Posted:
03/28/2005 03:33:42
Go to
Configuring computer to completely shutdown requires both hardware (motherboard and BIOS) and software (Windows) configuration. We can't create instructions for each combination, so you must refer to you computer's manufacturer manuals and Windows manual.
Topic: «Advanced IP Scanner, Advanced IP Scanner unable to resolve name» on forum: Free Network Utilities by Famatech
Posted:
03/28/2005 03:10:45
Go to
In order to retrieve computer name, target computer must answer corresponding NetBIOS request. Make sure, that "ping" command for such computers works both with they IP AND name.
Topic: «Radmin Communication Server 3.0 beta version release!, Radmin Communication Server 3.0 beta version release!» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
03/28/2005 03:04:08
Go to
Note, that Radmin Communication Server is not an IRC client/server. The goal of our product is to provide companies and individuals with fast, stable and secure chat system. Advanced administration options you described are useful, but only on large networks with 1000+ users.

Current version will have a security system just like in the beta version. Maybe, operator rights and channel passwords will be the same in Voice chat and Text chat, but this is still in discussion.

Further evolution of our products are affected by our users wishes and the way they uses our program. If it would be used in large networks and our users will ask for such advanced security management, it will be implemented.
Pages: 1 2 3 Next

Radmin 3.5

Windows 8 Compatible

DOWNLOAD

Free for 30 days

BUY NOW

Only $49 per lifetime license
for  50 PCs - $29.8 per remote PC
for 100 PCs - $24.9 per remote PC
for 150 PCs - $23.3 per remote PC
from 200 PCs - $22 per remote PC
Follow us on Twitter
Famatech Corporation Copyright © 1999-2014 Famatech. All rights reserved.