There are two different ways to clear driver cache (since "sfc /purgecache" doesn't work for Windows 7, clearing the cache seems to be a bit more tricky).
Create a batch file (You have to be an administrator on your system to use it) with the following content and execute it as an administrator (Right click it, choose Run as Administrator). It will create a directory labeled \windows\inf\infbk-XXXX (where the XXXX is replaced with a random number), set the relevant files to be owned by "Administrators", give "Administrators" full control over the files, and move them to the backup folder. After running this you should be able to install Radmin 3.x locally.
Here is the content of the batch file:
TITLE Repairing Inf Cache
rem change to drive where windows runs
rem change to the \windows\inf folder
rem create random directory for backup
rem list of files which need to be removed
rem take ownership of the first file
takeown /f %FILE1%
rem grant full control to 'administrators'
icacls %FILE1% /grant administrators:F /t
rem move it to the backup folder
move %FILE1% %FOLDERNAME%
rem same for the other files
takeown /f %FILE2%
icacls %FILE2% /grant administrators:F /t
move %FILE2% %FOLDERNAME%
echo Successfully moved all infcache related files to %FOLDERNAME%
Please run this .bat file, reboot and reinstall Radmin Server 3.x locally. Also please make sure to reboot your machine after Radmin Server is installed.
There also is another way to clear driver cache.
Please follow these steps to rebuild Driver Database:
Boot from your Windows 7 DVD and Click on "Repair your computer".
Open "Command Prompt". Enter C:
Enter CD \Windows\INF
Enter the following commands exactly
Be careful while deleting, making a mistake may leave your Windows unbootable. Please purge your cache, reboot and try to reinstall Radmin Server. Please make sure to reboot once again after Radmin installation.
Here are the steps you must take in order to establish Radmin connection:
1. Download Radmin Server 3.x here http://www.radmin.com/download/rserv34.exe and install it on the remote computer. A remote computer is a computer which you want to gain access to later via Radmin.
2. Download Radmin Viewer 3.x here http://www.famatech.com/download/rview34.exe and install it on the local computer. A local computer is a computer from which you connect to the remote computer.
3. On the remote computer right click on the blue Radmin icon in the system tray and click "Settings for Radmin server". Click "Permissions", make sure Radmin security is selected and then click the corresponding "Permissions" button. Click "Add user", choose username and password and click OK, OK. Then exit Radmin Server settings. You are done with the settings of Radmin Server.
4. The port you need to use is 4899. This is a default port; you can change it if you want in Radmin Server Settings -> Options.
5. If the remote PC is located in a different LAN or is behind a router please download Hamachi from here: http://download.cnet.com/LogMeIn-Hamachi2/3000-2651_4-10605260.html
Install Hamachi on your local and remote PC. Run Hamachi, click “Power On” button on the lower left part of Hamachi window. You will get a virtual IP address shown on the upper part of Hamachi window. This IP address will be used for connecting with Radmin. Then please click Create or Join Networks button on the lower right part of Hamachi Window – choose Create a new Network. Set a desired name and a password for your virtual network. Then on the remote PC please click Create or Join Networks button and choose to Join an existing Network, type in your network name and Password for joining a Network. After you are done, you will see that you will get two or more IP addresses shown while you point your mouse cursor over the Radmin Server tray Icon. Now you are done with setting up a virtual Network.
6. Again on the remote computer make sure that Windows built-in firewall doesn't block Radmin connection. Open Start -> Control panel -> Windows firewall, go to Exceptions tab and add Radmin port 4899 as an exception. If you have a proprietary firewall (for example, ZoneAlarm or any other firewall software) refer to its documentation to find out how to create exception for a port.
7. On the local computer open Radmin Viewer, on the main menu click "Connection -> New connection". Enter the IP address of the remote computer into "IP address or DNS name" field. (You have to enter a Hamachi IP address in case if you are connecting over the Internet, please see step 5.) Enter a descriptive name of the connection and click OK.
8. Now in order to connect to the remote computer in Full Control mode, right click on the newly created connection, and click Full Control in the context menu.
We have a working prototype, which is very fast and smooth. However the release of iOS/Android version is bounded to our next major release (that is inevitable by technical reasons). I hope that we can release it this year.