Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

All user's messages
Forum::
Added::Select date in calendarSelect date in calendar

Author's messages in topic: 1
Topic: «RAdmin being used as spyware...?, Uninstalled RAdmin found on my computer, unable to uninstall.» on forum: Network management general discussion
Posted:
10/27/2004 03:20:43
Go to
If anyone here uses RAdmin and are also using Spybot - Search & Destroy, you'll have to check the box labeled Haxdoor-H under the Ignore Products section.

With one of the first updates to Spybot to remove "Haxdoor-H", all it did was remove a registry entry, one of which contains the hide icon value. So you've probably had radmin installed for quite some time but it was hidden.
Topic: «Radmin's competition???» on forum: Network management general discussion
Posted:
10/27/2004 03:12:11
Go to
I would agree PCAnywhere really is ***** . Way too expensive ***** at that. I've run tests myself with Ultra VNC and RAdmin, and I'd say they're both about equal in screen update speeds. Only compared them on my network using 2 WinXP systems though.

UltraVNC and RAdmin update the screen differently. One of them, forget which, seems to "tear" the screen updates a bit. One test I did was to run DXDIAG on the remote computer, and chose the Direct3D tests. With that test you can get a feel for the rotation of the directx cube and compare it to how you know it's supposed to spin.

In my real-world experiences with RAdmin, about 3K miles away from a remote computer, it was pretty close to being virtually realtime. Updates were set at 25, but I'm not sure of the actual FPS. Sure there was a slight lag, but I would say PCAnywhere wouldn't have come close to that speed.
Topic: «Norton's anticompetitive acts» on forum: Network management general discussion
Posted:
02/18/2004 19:22:19
Go to
It's also probably that RAdmin is much smaller than pCanywhere's 12.4MB footprint. And it's also faster in performance. Has anyone tried both products on the same machines? I have. And even through a DSL connection, RA beats PA. I'd hate to see what a PA dial-up connection looks like, ack! smile:o

So how many years has Norton been working on PA? Many many many years. What are they at now, version 11? Any they still haven't made any huge performance increases. But I guess they figured removing RA will increase their performance, and sales. :/
Author's messages in topic: 2
Topic: «help using NT Security» on forum: Network management general discussion
Posted:
02/18/2004 17:35:42
Go to
Well, I know about the "View Only" mode. But I was looking for something where nobody could change a setting and gain full access. We wanted to tell people a login/pass so they could only view what's going on. And also have a different full control login/pass for us.

But we've scrapped that idea anyway. Figured it'd be too much bandwidth usuage for non-personnel. And attract unwanted attention to the IP.
Posted:
12/01/2003 17:13:44
Go to
I've used RAdmin in the past with just 'Single password security'. But I'm curious now as how I would make a "look-only" account so I can have other people only look at the remote computer, but NOT be able to mess with it or change things, like shutting it down.

I have a computer running Windows 2000 and it's logged in already as administrator and other programs are running and r_server. I'd like some way to setup a "look-only" account without modifying the system user accounts too much, and still have the system logged in as administrator while the programs are running.

Is there anyway to setup RA server on a different port so it's "look-only"?

If I would have to modify the system's user names/levels for 'NT security', how would that work if I added a permission of 'Administrators' and gave them "All access (RTVFC)"? If someone on the internet was logged into their computer as 'administrator' and connected to the this remote machine, would they have "All access (RTVFC)"? Or would they need to know the administrator user password set in the remote 2K machine?
Topic: «RAdmin v2.2 builds, different builds» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
07/19/2004 13:35:11
Go to
So far I've seen 3 different build versions of v2.2. 6/17/04, 6/23/04, and your latest is 7/3/04.

How can we differentiate between the builds? What's being fixed in these "hidden" updates?
Topic: «Famatech announces a contest!» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
11/25/2003 13:38:09
Go to
Just remember, the contest has been CLOSED for EIGHT months now!
So don't expect to win anything. smile8)
Pages: 1

Radmin 3.5

Windows 8 Compatible

DOWNLOAD

Free for 30 days

BUY NOW

Only $49 per lifetime license
for  50 PCs - $29.8 per remote PC
for 100 PCs - $24.9 per remote PC
for 150 PCs - $23.3 per remote PC
from 200 PCs - $22 per remote PC
Follow us on Twitter
Famatech Corporation Copyright © 1999-2014 Famatech. All rights reserved.