All user's messages
Forum::
Added::Select date in calendarSelect date in calendar

Author's messages in topic: 3
Topic: «Radmin 3.0 Server/Viewer beta issues» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
05/15/2006 10:05:37
Go to
Dimitry: Please see my post above (incase you missed it...no need for reply) about the Remote Desktop issue. I will be testing multiuser login soon, but this may be related to that, you would know better than me.

Chris Koystas and the rest...please read through posts before you post. Then you would have realized that not all features were enabled and that using Radmin 2.2 and the first Radmin 3.0 beta viewer would not work with the server release 3.0 and that the latest Radmin viewer BETA 1 does not view 2.2 or lower servers. It just frustrates those that are paying attention and the developers with wasted posts. This also includes looking in other threads than this one if need be.
Posted:
05/13/2006 14:52:34
Go to
Installation on 64 Wiindows...

Installed okay, but since Windows still forces the binaries to C:\windows\syswow64 vs. C:\windows\system32 the Shortcuts are broken and the services doesn't install correctly.

BUT, when you run the config and set all the necessary settings, the config realizes this and asks you if you want to reinstall the service and that works. So just the shortcuts need to be updated...something that can be done with the config?

...Also I guess no driver for 64 bit smile:cry:
Posted:
05/13/2006 14:52:11
Go to
1. I started a Remote Administrator session to a laptop. It works just fine.

2. I used Remote Desktop to connect to the laptop while the Radmin session was still alive and [the RAdmin session was] logged in to a local admin account on the laptop. It forced the local user to log off with Remote Desktop. RAdmin showed the log off and when the Remote Desktop started logging in, RAdmin screen went blank. Odd, but RAdmin was still able to send Ctrl-Alt-Del to remote machine while the screen was blank.

3. I logged off the Remote Desktop session. RAdmin screen...connected the whole time...is still blank when laptop display returns to Windows Logon. Sending Ctrl-Alt-Del does not work now.

4. Disconnected from laptop and reinitiated the RAdmin session. This did not work, the RAdmin viewer displayed a blank window with a resolution for about 640x480 (laptop is much higher) sized screen and I still cannot send Ctrl-Alt-Del.

5. Restarting the service remotely did not fix the problem.

6. Had to restart the machine... I was able to use RAdmin to do this, but when it was restarting the screen went blank on the laptop and it took a while to restart.
Author's messages in topic: 4
Topic: «Radmin 3.0 Server Release Date» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
05/11/2006 15:34:05
Go to
Installation on 64 Wiindows...

Installed okay, but since Windows still forces the binaries to C:\windows\syswow64 vs. C:\windows\system32 the Shortcuts are broken and the services doesn't install correctly.

BUT, when you run the config and set all the necessary settings, the config realizes this and asks you if you want to reinstall the service and that works. So just the shortcuts need to be updated...something that can be done with the config?

...Also I guess no driver for 64 bit smile:cry:
Posted:
05/11/2006 15:22:43
Go to
Thanks, I was sort of only kidding, but I was not aware of that, but that's good to know.

Now on to real issues:

1. I started a Remote Administrator session to a laptop. It works just fine.

2. I used Remote Desktop to connect to the laptop while the Radmin session was still alive and [the RAdmin session was] logged in to a local admin account on the laptop. It forced the local user to log off with Remote Desktop. RAdmin showed the log off and when the Remote Desktop started logging in, RAdmin screen went blank. Odd, but RAdmin was still able to send Ctrl-Alt-Del to remote machine while the screen was blank.

3. I logged off the Remote Desktop session. RAdmin screen...connected the whole time...is still blank when laptop display returns to Windows Logon. Sending Ctrl-Alt-Del does not work now.

4. Disconnected from laptop and reinitiated the RAdmin session. This did not work, the RAdmin viewer displayed a blank window with a resolution for about 640x480 (laptop is much higher) sized screen and I still cannot send Ctrl-Alt-Del.

5. Restarting the service remotely did not fix the problem.

6. Had to restart the machine... I was able to use RAdmin to do this, but when it was restarting the screen went blank on the laptop and it took a while to restart.
Posted:
05/11/2006 14:51:16
Go to
Install a little awkward next to an install of 2.2, but I installed, removed 2.2 and rebooted and everything is working.

Looks like remote installing will be a little difficult.

I don't have that many machines right now, but if someone could try this (only works for those on same LAN):

1. Copy new 3.0 to remote machine; install
2. Configure 3.0 for Windows Auth. (or what you had previous)
3. Remove 2.2
4. Using Computer Management, reboot PC remotely or use a different command line based tool too.

Does this work?
Posted:
05/11/2006 14:47:17
Go to
Positive!: Symantec does not think it's a virus or trojan...yet smile;) .
Author's messages in topic: 1
Topic: «Simplifying features for voice chat, Voice chat replacing intercom» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
03/29/2005 15:06:47
Go to
Maybe possibly joining no channel. At this point an Admin should be able to still get through to the user. Also, closing the chat window doesn't exit but rather just minimize.
Topic: «Things To Do..., Interface» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
03/29/2005 15:03:41
Go to
1. The color change doesn't stay to where I put it, always reverts to neon green, very hard to see on a white background.

2. Important; we use MSN IM with Exchange, one thing great is that it's a one time setup and the client auto starts on login. So, it would be nice if the user had the ability to autostart and auto join a group.

3. All users here use it to communicate instead of the phone because they are on the phone all the time... It would be nice to be able to group users on a server (using NT groups would be really neat, this way you can use AD to manage). Then the user logging in should autojoin a group or no group at all.

4. ACL on message blasting could be an issues, but it's also something we want to use. Our chat groups never normally extend past 8 users.

5. File transfer is very nice feature we use in MSNIM. In addition, it would be nice to send a screen shot of the user's current window (that the user chooses...ie an error message) or entire desktop and send it as a picture.

again, simleys and pictures of the users chatting would be nice too, it would add a nice personal touch to everything.
Topic: «Features, Great feel, but...» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
03/24/2005 15:37:28
Go to
Users love the Smileys (and hidden smileys that they have to hunt for...for example, MSN IM has a pair of hand cuffs if you do (%) and this is not documented). The graphics are important to people...maybe the support for the chatting user's picture to, to make it more personal. Right now it's too IRC like, but the basic logical design is perfect, so far.
Author's messages in topic: 2
Topic: «Vista support...» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
03/03/2006 07:42:13
Go to
So that means 3.0 will work with Vista...and will it have a hook driver for Vista?
Posted:
03/01/2006 14:19:34
Go to
Radmin v2.2 or 3.0? Which are you refering to as not compatible with Vista?
Topic: «RAdmin Viewer Beta, Age» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
04/26/2005 10:45:52
Go to
Isn't the viewer beta just about a year old now? An updated viewer was released around August of last year. Does anyone remember?

Also, I am running into hugh problems with Terminal Services now which I can no longer avoid. I require the v3.0 Server now because I can no longer use it otherwise. We were bought by a company that uses RDesktop only and it's a real pain in the ... when I have to switch back and forth between apps. Also, to get functionality back, you need to reboot the server...which is sometimes never possible.
Pages: 1

Radmin 3.5 New!

Windows 8 Compatible

DOWNLOAD

Free for 30 days

BUY NOW

Only $49 per lifetime license
for  50 PCs - $29.8 per remote PC
for 100 PCs - $24.9 per remote PC
for 150 PCs - $23.3 per remote PC
from 200 PCs - $22 per remote PC
Follow us on Twitter
Famatech Corporation Copyright © 1999-2014 Famatech. All rights reserved.