Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

All user's messages
Forum::
Added::Select date in calendarSelect date in calendar

Author's messages in topic: 3
Topic: «Dynamic DNS, Obtain IP address automatically» on forum: Radmin 3.x Troubleshooting
Posted:
05/18/2011 07:00:10
Go to
I'm still not that clear - My brother has an ADSL connection with dynamic IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx but his computer has an IP of 192.168.x.x. So what do I do in this case? for port forwarding?
Posted:
05/18/2011 01:25:15
Go to
Thanks. But I thought that you do need port forwarding for Radmin - I read the other posts here and it says Radmin needs port forwarding. Could you please explain this for me?

Portforward.com even has a section for 'Remote Administrator'

Thanks
Posted:
05/15/2011 12:53:56
Go to
The computer that I want to control is behind a router/modem. It has a LAN IP of 192.168.1.x and I can't use this to connect over the internet.

It also has ADSL connection and dynamic IP address. Is there a way to find out what the IP is without bothering my brother every single day to tell me what the IP is. I have heard of DynDNS.com. I have read it, but I am still a little confused how to use it.

Can someone tell me how to use DynDNS to get the computer to tell me remotely - to report to me over the internet what the IP is. Could someone give me step by step instructions how to use DynDNS with Netcomm NB1 router and Siemens Speedstream 6520 (My brother regularly interchanges between them) i.e. the method to use and setup DynDNS to report to me my brother's IP address.

I also head about port forwarding, how do I do this?

Thanks

Emma
Pages: 1

Radmin 3.5

Windows 8 Compatible

DOWNLOAD

Free for 30 days

BUY NOW

Only $49 per lifetime license
for  50 PCs - $29.8 per remote PC
for 100 PCs - $24.9 per remote PC
for 150 PCs - $23.3 per remote PC
from 200 PCs - $22 per remote PC
Follow us on Twitter
Famatech Corporation Copyright © 1999-2014 Famatech. All rights reserved.