Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

All user's messages
Forum::
Added::Select date in calendarSelect date in calendar

Author's messages in topic: 1
Topic: «Moving License to new Hardware, How to avoid buying new licenses when you switch computers» on forum: Licensing questions
Posted:
03/07/2013 15:53:47
Go to
I have seen many people asking related questions, but I didn't find an exact answer so I will post it my way.
We are wiping PC's and installing Windows 7. If they have an existing RAdmin license, it is gone and their new image needs to be licensed. That consumes a second license. The first is no longer in service. We have a 1000 user and a 500 user license, so it isn't a case of just buying a couple new licenses.
There does not appear to be any way to "unregister" a license. Is there a way we can send you data to get our licenses restored?
We could send you an SMS inventory showing where it is installed to give a current count, but this is an ongoing upgrade process.

If we move to the Activation Server in the future, will this address the issue?
Are there plans to address this in future versions (and if not, is it to late to get it on the wish list)?
Thanks,
Jim
User since V2.1
Topic: «Support for IPV6, Is there planned support for IPV6?» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
06/08/2011 11:25:21
Go to
Any plans for adding support for IPV6? We are looking that direction internally. We would like to drop the IPV4 stack eventually.
Topic: «Suggestion - Different Colors for Computers, On New Release - allow you to set colors for different computers» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
04/05/2011 11:31:58
Go to
I have some folders where it would be convenient to have some computers stand out from the others. It would be nice to be able to set the color for different entries (Critical systems in Red, Redundant systems in blue, etc.)

Just a thought.
smile:idea:
Topic: «Please consider, though it´s been discussed before...» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Posted:
02/18/2007 21:12:44
Go to
I don't get what you are asking for? What do you want them to cache- the user/pwd you log in with?

What we do is create a local RAdmin user group on each machine when we install RAdmin.
Give that group full permissions in the RAdmin security setup.

Add the user you are running at your workstation to this group and when you go to connect- presto - it connects right in.

If you manage your users using domain groups - you simply add that domain group to the RAdmin group and everyone in your group can connect without entering additional credentials.

Of course, once you connect up to the machine you are required to log in. Unless you want them to pass your credentials to the login screen on the remote system...
Author's messages in topic: 2
Topic: «Advanced IP Scanner 2.0 Beta Testing since October 27, 2010, We invite you to become a Famatech software beta tester!» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
12/21/2010 11:35:35
Go to
Downloaded and tested V2 Beta 2.
Windows 7-64
Installed fine and ran OK when I started it.
The line with the IP address ranges was very confusing since I had my VPN running and had multiple IP adresses. that needs to be cleaned up so it isn't confusing.

Scan ran and resolved the names of local computers incorrectly. I suspect it used the DNS server to pull the IP of the last few users who had connected with those IP's (192.168.1.xxx).
It also missed one print server on my subnet. - very disappointing.

I reran the scan and it found the printer the second time, but I shouldn't have to know everything on the network to use the product.
I submitted more thorough results via email.
Posted:
10/27/2010 16:28:48
Go to
Windows 7-64. Running as User, installed and used elevated permissions to install.
Installation appeared to go fine, although I changed the install directory to c:\Program Files (x86)\Utilities\{whatever the default directory it}
Told it to launch after install - crashed

launched from the start menu - crashed
Launched from start menu - run as administrator - crashed

Dump info file:

instance of Win32_Processor
{
Family = 1;
};

instance of Win32_OperatingSystem
{
BuildNumber = "7600";
OSLanguage = 1033;
ProductType = 1;
ServicePackMajorVersion = 0;
ServicePackMinorVersion = 0;
SuiteMask = 272;
Version = "6.1.7600";
};

instance of Win32_ComputerSystem
{
Domain = "genmills.com";
Manufacturer = "Hewlett-Packard";
Model = "HP EliteBook 8730w";
Name = "JFBENG-G1295JE3";
PartOfDomain = TRUE;
UserName = "GENMILLS\\G1295JE";
};
Author's messages in topic: 3
Topic: «Can't connect to server running under Win 2003» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
07/26/2006 06:26:18
Go to
I am pretty sure you aren't supposed to have both installed on the same server. In the same way that you can't have WTS owning the console at the same time as RAdmin, you can't have RAdmin 2 & 3 installed simultaneously. I would un-install both delete any directories, etc. and install ONLY 3.
Posted:
07/25/2006 13:33:03
Go to
We have had this issue with V2 as well as V3. When someone connects with MSTSC with the /console option, it screws up the Radmin server.

You can't connect as long as they maintain the console connection, but file transfer works.

Once they disconnect, you have to restart the Radmin server to be able to connect in.
Posted:
07/21/2006 11:07:25
Go to
I have seen this on 2003 Servers with Version 2. We tracked it down to someone using Remote Desktop in Console mode. That seems to kill the ability to do a RAdmin connection after that point.

Haven't found a workaround yet - except to get those users to use RAdmin instead and prevent the problem smile:!:
Topic: «File List & Location?, Where does RAdmin locate its files?» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Posted:
07/25/2006 06:43:08
Go to
With RAdmin v2, we ran into issues with Symantec Antivirus treating it as a virus. We moved the files from the windows directory to the program files\radmin directory and created a rule that excluded that.

I don't see any RAdmin files for V3 beta.
1) Can I get a file list & location please?
2) Any issue with moving them similar to V2?

Thanks
Pages: 1

Radmin 3.5

Windows 8 Compatible

DOWNLOAD

Free for 30 days

BUY NOW

Only $49 per lifetime license
for  50 PCs - $29.8 per remote PC
for 100 PCs - $24.9 per remote PC
for 150 PCs - $23.3 per remote PC
from 200 PCs - $22 per remote PC
Follow us on Twitter
Famatech Corporation Copyright © 1999-2014 Famatech. All rights reserved.